alhoon wrote:Sleep of course... We "earned" that at least. Starting a war is a tiresome business.
Speaking about me, I don't know who would agree.
I would prefer to experience the tensions part, even if it takes a week real time. See and brood over the consequences of our stupidity. Abduct a heiress on the word of a noble? What could go wrong with that?!
While both sides gear for war (and now I'm pretty sure the serpent conspiracy was NOT about getting Foeble to lead the city, but chaos and Aldron was a pawn \ dominated \ doppelganger-ed) I would like to see more about how things changed while we travel up and down the city to do what we can do...
Things were chill the first 4 chapters. People were chatty (except the thief-catchers in their urban unwelcoming fort), taverns were pretty vibrant, streets were mostly clear aside of us, a few muggers and a few semi-sentient rats, even the watch was chill.
This will change now probably. Just the " O_O He did WHAT?!" factor, the uncertainty etc would affect business.
Oh, I wasn't going to skip a week! Just the time it takes for you guys to sleep, eat, gear up and get a briefing on the developing/current situation.
The attempt at a rescue may take a night. It might take much longer. It might not work at all. Maybe Richard is already dead. Maybe he's not being held at Folbre's place, but is instead in some other location. Maybe Folbre does not have him at all. I won't give you spoilers on all this. Success or failure of PCs' actions is obviously not predetermined.
And what I do know cannot be revealed. That would take away the fun of play.
The faction war might erupt into bloody chaos in the streets while you sleep, or it might simmer.
So, don't worry, Alhoon, I'm not jetting so far ahead.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)