The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

As this isn't getting a lot of approval I'll just carry on hitting them
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, I'm ruling that the language barrier applies because the wraiths are old and have largely lost their minds. They very well might be capable of speaking Mordentish, but they're pretty far gone, and thus a penalty of some sort is appropriate.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:While they haven't yet spoken, are we sure yet that the wraiths don't understand Mordentish? Even if they don't you're looking at DC 33. Intimidate would also potentially affect Anne (DC 32) (if not yet destroyed) and the other ash cultist (DC 25).

Also, are we using the errata to the Aid Another?
If we are, then its a DC 13 to assist (+2 to the check) and if you fail, you make things worse (-1 to the check)

Full errata is at http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMay2010.pdf
Hrm. I hadn't heard of this, but we are now!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Okay, if someone would do me the honour of getting these things off of me so I can move without incurring AoO's, I would be delighted to charge up to the circle and use Arcana to contain it.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

True enough, we'd need someone who spoke senile gibberish to communicate effectively.

Not that any of us are inclined to let her live, but the DC for intimidating AM also drops because of my debuff this round :D
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

OK, who's going after Anne-Marie? Besides me. :lucas:

And, uh, can anyone spare some healing action? I am going to use my Channeling Shield, I think, so I take 7 fewer damage, but 14 is still not very much.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Quick note--I think my saves were reversed last round. I saved vs. slow, but NOT vs. Bloodied Wrath.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

If Yalenus got you with his daily at the start, you can end the regen as a minor to heal 10.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Quick note--I think my saves were reversed last round. I saved vs. slow, but NOT vs. Bloodied Wrath.
Once you moved, you take the damage and that ends Bloodied Wrath. The save-ends was just to see how long you had to stay in one place if you wanted to avoid another burst of pain.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

OK, who's going after Anne-Marie? Besides me.

And, uh, can anyone spare some healing action? I am going to use my Channeling Shield, I think, so I take 7 fewer damage, but 14 is still not very much.

Nathan, have some healing and a ghost within melee thumping range :)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Doh.

I was rather hoping she'd come to me :\ I can't do much damage with my ranged attack but if she's next to me I can get my two attack rolls and I still have solid encounter attacks left. Since I'm prone, I can't get up and move to her this turn.

As a striker, my damage output is typically going to be higher than Darius's and his mark still applies even if she's not adjacent to him. Plus, I can reroll my damage rolls, too.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

If the DM's are ok with it I can edit and have her slide to you instead.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

I've no objections.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

then consider it done...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Awesome, thanks!

One other thing I noticed. Was Cyrus hit with a slow last enemy turn? I couldn't find one in the colored text and he did make his save his last turn.

Also, Anne-Marie currently has Cyrus's Oath of Enmity.
Post Reply