The Shattered City: OOC
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Well, I'm ruling that the language barrier applies because the wraiths are old and have largely lost their minds. They very well might be capable of speaking Mordentish, but they're pretty far gone, and thus a penalty of some sort is appropriate.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Hrm. I hadn't heard of this, but we are now!Cronax wrote:While they haven't yet spoken, are we sure yet that the wraiths don't understand Mordentish? Even if they don't you're looking at DC 33. Intimidate would also potentially affect Anne (DC 32) (if not yet destroyed) and the other ash cultist (DC 25).
Also, are we using the errata to the Aid Another?
If we are, then its a DC 13 to assist (+2 to the check) and if you fail, you make things worse (-1 to the check)
Full errata is at http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateMay2010.pdf
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
True enough, we'd need someone who spoke senile gibberish to communicate effectively.
Not that any of us are inclined to let her live, but the DC for intimidating AM also drops because of my debuff this round
Not that any of us are inclined to let her live, but the DC for intimidating AM also drops because of my debuff this round
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Once you moved, you take the damage and that ends Bloodied Wrath. The save-ends was just to see how long you had to stay in one place if you wanted to avoid another burst of pain.Nathan of the FoS wrote:Quick note--I think my saves were reversed last round. I saved vs. slow, but NOT vs. Bloodied Wrath.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
OK, who's going after Anne-Marie? Besides me.
And, uh, can anyone spare some healing action? I am going to use my Channeling Shield, I think, so I take 7 fewer damage, but 14 is still not very much.
Nathan, have some healing and a ghost within melee thumping range
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
Doh.
I was rather hoping she'd come to me :\ I can't do much damage with my ranged attack but if she's next to me I can get my two attack rolls and I still have solid encounter attacks left. Since I'm prone, I can't get up and move to her this turn.
As a striker, my damage output is typically going to be higher than Darius's and his mark still applies even if she's not adjacent to him. Plus, I can reroll my damage rolls, too.
I was rather hoping she'd come to me :\ I can't do much damage with my ranged attack but if she's next to me I can get my two attack rolls and I still have solid encounter attacks left. Since I'm prone, I can't get up and move to her this turn.
As a striker, my damage output is typically going to be higher than Darius's and his mark still applies even if she's not adjacent to him. Plus, I can reroll my damage rolls, too.
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
