The Shattered City: OOC
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
- yalenusveler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator
Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?The Whistler wrote:Cooking up a post that I'll finish/post during lunch break. It involves a comparatively mediocre 18 Diplomacy check to get everyone to evacuate, though...anyone in the room feel like assisting? Which of the NPCs around are trained in it, if any?
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
Richard is trained in Diplomacy and can assist if asked. Currently, he and Alice are the only npcs in your direct vicinity.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Even if you are as bad at diplomacy as you can possibly be at this level, you still have a 60% chance of making the DC 10 to assist. (and as far as I know, there is no penalty for failing to assist)Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- yalenusveler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
LOL...so, in real life, the catalyst for the Regency fashion aesthetic is the French Revolution...and in Ravenloft, it's Celeste wearing a kimono during a terrorist attack. That's kind of excellent.Neo wrote:"Such sleekness, such elegance, and such convenience. I must say that our dresses proved to be no end of trouble in tonight's excitment!"
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
*DM chuckles darkly*DocBeard wrote:Say it with me, folks, "I've got a plan so crazy it just might work!"
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
ANNOUNCEMENTS
First off, everyone is now level 6
Secondly, feedback!
First off, everyone is now level 6
Secondly, feedback!
- For 3 RT: What did you think of the Book? What did you like, what did you dislike, what did you think was awesome?
For 3 RT: What do you think of the main cast of NPCs? House NPCs, strictly speaking, though there were quite a few cameos by old EoA NPCs this Book (just because we're starting out, they make handy adventure hooks).
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Yes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
ANNOUNCEMENT
Equipment: Everyone recieves:
100 gp.
200 gp worth of residuum
1 Level 9 or lower Item of their choice.
I'll leave the fluff of how you recieve this up to you guys.
Equipment: Everyone recieves:
100 gp.
200 gp worth of residuum
1 Level 9 or lower Item of their choice.
I'll leave the fluff of how you recieve this up to you guys.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
As a whole, I think chapter one went pretty well. It started off a little shaky, but by the climax was rolling right along. I felt that Mr. Agale and the other PCs were sometimes working at cross purposes and failed to plan well enough at times, but I think that this is a dramatically reasonable way to kick things off as they've all just met. Maybe its just my own lack of social skills, but I found grilling the various suspects a little tedious with the small talk and skirting around the issue trying to get them to spill the beans without doing so ourselves. I have to say I rather enjoyed the scenes where there was a definitive goal to accomplish.
I can tell we've only scratched the surface with most of them. As someone who didn't follow the EoA completely from start to finish, it seems to me that you're going a little light when it comes to developing them as opposed to the brand new NPCs. I have to say the Lemercier/Petrik comedy duo are my favorites so far.
FYI: for anyone shopping for +2 heavy armor, remember that it can be masterwork (Finemail, Drakescale or Layered plate). Check page 197 of the PHB2.
I can tell we've only scratched the surface with most of them. As someone who didn't follow the EoA completely from start to finish, it seems to me that you're going a little light when it comes to developing them as opposed to the brand new NPCs. I have to say the Lemercier/Petrik comedy duo are my favorites so far.
FYI: for anyone shopping for +2 heavy armor, remember that it can be masterwork (Finemail, Drakescale or Layered plate). Check page 197 of the PHB2.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
