The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

I call shenanigans.. 3 8's in a row on the online dice roller. =P
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Cooking up a post that I'll finish/post during lunch break. It involves a comparatively mediocre 18 Diplomacy check to get everyone to evacuate, though...anyone in the room feel like assisting? Which of the NPCs around are trained in it, if any?
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

The Whistler wrote:Cooking up a post that I'll finish/post during lunch break. It involves a comparatively mediocre 18 Diplomacy check to get everyone to evacuate, though...anyone in the room feel like assisting? Which of the NPCs around are trained in it, if any?
Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Richard is trained in Diplomacy and can assist if asked. Currently, he and Alice are the only npcs in your direct vicinity.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Unfortunately, I'm far from the best at lending aid. Do we have anyone diplomatically trained to render aid who happens to be on scene?
Even if you are as bad at diplomacy as you can possibly be at this level, you still have a 60% chance of making the DC 10 to assist. (and as far as I know, there is no penalty for failing to assist)
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

And with advice taken, an 11 on an Aid Another on Diplomacy, bumping Celeste to a 20. If you want to factor in Kerrian heading to assist Celeste in calming the delightful mob of panicking nobility, feel free to include in your post, Whistler.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Posted before I saw that--thanks!
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Neo wrote:"Such sleekness, such elegance, and such convenience. I must say that our dresses proved to be no end of trouble in tonight's excitment!"
LOL...so, in real life, the catalyst for the Regency fashion aesthetic is the French Revolution...and in Ravenloft, it's Celeste wearing a kimono during a terrorist attack. That's kind of excellent.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Say it with me, folks, "I've got a plan so crazy it just might work!".
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

DocBeard wrote:Say it with me, folks, "I've got a plan so crazy it just might work!"
*DM chuckles darkly*
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

ANNOUNCEMENTS

First off, everyone is now level 6

Secondly, feedback!
  • For 3 RT: What did you think of the Book? What did you like, what did you dislike, what did you think was awesome?
    For 3 RT: What do you think of the main cast of NPCs? House NPCs, strictly speaking, though there were quite a few cameos by old EoA NPCs this Book (just because we're starting out, they make handy adventure hooks).
Lastly, we're in Interlude now. I figure that people will be having finals, papers, and holidays, so we can lay low for a while and just recap the Book, chat, and run side-RPs till Book Two starts up. Tell us what day is good for you to end the Interlude?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Do I get RTs if I say what I thought of our book? :evil:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Yes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

ANNOUNCEMENT

Equipment: Everyone recieves:

100 gp.
200 gp worth of residuum
1 Level 9 or lower Item of their choice.

I'll leave the fluff of how you recieve this up to you guys.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

As a whole, I think chapter one went pretty well. It started off a little shaky, but by the climax was rolling right along. I felt that Mr. Agale and the other PCs were sometimes working at cross purposes and failed to plan well enough at times, but I think that this is a dramatically reasonable way to kick things off as they've all just met. Maybe its just my own lack of social skills, but I found grilling the various suspects a little tedious with the small talk and skirting around the issue trying to get them to spill the beans without doing so ourselves. I have to say I rather enjoyed the scenes where there was a definitive goal to accomplish.

I can tell we've only scratched the surface with most of them. As someone who didn't follow the EoA completely from start to finish, it seems to me that you're going a little light when it comes to developing them as opposed to the brand new NPCs. I have to say the Lemercier/Petrik comedy duo are my favorites so far.

FYI: for anyone shopping for +2 heavy armor, remember that it can be masterwork (Finemail, Drakescale or Layered plate). Check page 197 of the PHB2.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
Post Reply