The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Jasper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jasper »

Rebecca beings pulling books off her small libarary with a alarming pace ,scanning quickly and tossing them away with disgust.

"Not a single one...not even a false sighting. This is Mordent for Ezra sake! Its as if every spirit has passed on to the otherside on there own. *Sigh* Alessandro, what time where you to meet Warden Jessop? I would lke to know how even with Ezras blessing he is able to keep any, ANY from rising..."

[She goes back to her stacks with a disgusted sigh

OOC: I work till 1m tonight so I might be a little late responding.
"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anais Nin
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

[Are we supposed to begin right here and now? - Or will you write us a proper intro, Nathan? - Just to know if I should write an answer to Jasper's posting. :) ]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rafael wrote:[Are we supposed to begin right here and now? - Or will you write us a proper intro, Nathan? - Just to know if I should write an answer to Jasper's posting. :) ]
The adventure proper begins in the Act One thread. Any pre-adventure talk can go here, as well as any OOC discussion of events.

Good hunting!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant

:) Thank you for the clarification! Watch my first post soon... :twisted:
Le Noir Faineant

Hi folks! What do your PCs look like?

This is Gawaine:

Le Noir Faineant

Gawain brings an aversion to witch trials, and the scene he just witnessed reminds him a lot of what he had to witness in his homeland...

Warden = No friend...

:)
Seamus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Seamus »

My physical inspiration for Alessandro:

Le Noir Faineant

:) Hehehe... That's one of Rachel's boyfriends from *Friends*! :P
Band2
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Band2 »

“Uncle Burt! Uncle Burt!” the teenaged boy yelled as he entered the small cabin.
A disheveled man wearing a dirt tunic and breeches looked up at the boy’s excited entrance.

“Calm down, boy. Just calm down. Now Nath, what is it that brings you running’ in here like that?” the man grumbled.

“There are strangers in town! I saw them out in front of the church! I overhear them talking with Warden Jessop! They are going to find the missing girls!” the boy said in a rush.

“Bah!” the man responded with a dismissive wave of his hand and turned back to what he was doing. The man, Burton, was of average height with a faint build. His hair was unkempt and worn to his shoulders. It was streaked with grey, making him appear even older than he was. He smelled of alcohol. Nathan saw that his eyes were not bloodshot and could tell the man had not been drink today, yet.

“But this is your chance! Come on Uncle Burt. Have you even been outside yet today?”

“Don’t take that tone of voice with me young man. Look,” Burton said pointed at a small table behind him. “I’ve already checked the snares out on the moor and been back. Now you can give me a hand cleaning those birds. And no more talk about those missing girls!”

Two dead ducks lay on the table. The boy and man sat down and began cleaning them. After a short time of working in silence the boy spoke up.

“They look really impressive.”

“What the birds? They are a decent size,” Burton responded.

“No, not the birds. The strangers. There are two men and a woman. One of the men looks really strange with bright red hair! The woman looks very smart, and the other man looks like someone very important. I just know they are going to solve it,” Nathan said.

Burton let out a heavy sigh.

“Come on uncle Burton. Just think about it. These people may be experts but they are strangers here. They are going to need someone to show them around. You can do that can’t you?”

“Why don’t you do it, if you are so interested?”

“Yeah right. If not you who else in this town would do it? Wardon Jessop?”

Burton laughed at that as did Nathan.

“That numskull? Can barely find his way out of his church. How could he help anyone find the missing girls?” Burton said derisively.

“That is why you have to do it. If they do stop any more girls from disappearing and you help them, no one will be mad at you any more. They wouldn’t be able to blame you anymore if you prove that you had nothing to do with it. Then maybe, maybe Mom will let you come to our house for dinner. Huh. Please.”

Burton could see tears forming in Nathan’s eyes as the boy stared at him with the hope that only the youth can possess. He could not stand to meet the boy’s gaze and looked away but he could still hear the note of pleading in Nathan’s voice.

After a long moment, Burton closed his eyes, bowed his head, and said in a faint voice, “Alright. I’ll see what I can do.”

The boy’s elation was huge as he cheered and ran about the room jumping up and down.

“Yahoo! My uncle the hero! Yeah! Woohoo!”

It took Burton sometime to calm the boy down. When he finally did, he sent the boy on his way home.

“Now get home before your Mom misses you. You know how mad she can get when he learns you come see me,” Burton told the boy.

“Ok, uncle Burt. But promise me you will tell me all about the adventure when you are finished and are a big hero in town.”

“Alright I will. Now get going.”

Burton watched the young boy run off back to town. He remembered when he was that age and how optimistic he was about life. But not any more.

“When this does end, it will not be the happy ending Nath wants,” Burton whispered.
Only two things scare me and one is former back-up dancers for Christina Aguilera.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Er...Seamus? Jasper? Are you guys out there?...
Le Noir Faineant

Yeah... I was supposed to act as a *secondary character*! Really, Gawaine should feel pretty uncomfortable to parley now with the person he insulted barely after they were presented to each other. :?
KumenLockwrite
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by KumenLockwrite »

I would like to play if you need a replacement
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Hey, Kumen. Glad to see you made it on the boards. :lucas:

Jasper? Seamus? Last chance, fellows. If not, we'll just throw it open to all comers and play by ear.
Le Noir Faineant

Got my last PM, Nathan? :)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rafael wrote:Got my last PM, Nathan? :)
The one about an influx of new players? Or was there another one?

If it's the first, yeah, I think it's about time to put up the Bat Sign and open things up to any Stauntonians who may be interested.