Knights of the Shadows

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mad Skipper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Knights of the Shadows

Post by Mad Skipper »

Aside from Van Richten's Arsenal volume one, where can one find information on this prestige class slash society?

Official or homebrew, it doesn't matter.
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

I can't recall the exact article or the specific tome, but one of the netbooks in 'Book of S_____' series contained some information on the Knights of the Shadow... I think :?.

The 2e tome, Champions in the Mists also detailed the class with a few details on the society. Essentially, it's the same information we read in the 3e offering.

A quick google search didn't reveal much homebrew material for the class unfortunately.
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

It's the Kargatane Netbook of Shadows. The framing fiction of this netbook is about the Knight's pilgrimage to the Shadowland Cluster. It explains what happened to Alexi Shadowborn after the novel Shadowborn. There's also an article about Red Wolf, a knight located in Nidalia and sworn to defeat Elena Faithold.

Oh and the novel SHadowborn is about the founder of the order. While you may not like the novel itself, it does give background about the founder and insight into how he would have create the knightly order. It also describes the world from which Alexi came and the order upon which the Knights of the Shadows were based.

Another good source of info is a Light in the Belfry adventure. There used to be a transcript of that adventure on the net but I don't know if it's still legally available. It's an adventure set in the Shadowland domain of Avonleigh and it's darklord came from the same world has Alexi Shadowborn. It also features a lot of background about the original paladin order to which Alexi wanted to belong.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Mad Skipper
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Mad Skipper »

Not a whole lot, hey?

Thanks all the same.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

There's also Gondegal, the current leader of the group, detailed in the black box, Champions of the mists and Gaz II. But no, not a whole lot, sadly. The BoShadows framing fiction was a great flavor piece, though. highly recommended.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."