LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:I don't think you can lie within a zone of Truth after annoying the Lawgiver failing your will save, but perhaps this is different.

No, you are correct.

Only can leave things out or spin stuff a bit, but absolutely no deliberate lies.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/zoneOfTruth.htm

And because Kat becomes aware that she can't lie, I'll assume she goes with ''trade facilitator. "
True enough, though pretty vague.
It comes out in such a way that it's fairly clear she's somewhat shady.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The bluff checks are obviously a lot more useful for guys who make their saves.

But it's not needed at all if you are honest and forthright.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

We all just kick down road an attack by Bane at this point anyway.

The End\Lawgiver is coming.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

+3
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

To be fair, "I work in a bar in Pont-a-Museau, but I also help Mr Gehrman with some of his investigations." IS true: she works as a barmaid as a cover job, and she does help Mr Gehrman with his investigations. Its just her main income is from elsewhere.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:To be fair, "I work in a bar in Pont-a-Museau, but I also help Mr Gehrman with some of his investigations." IS true: she works as a barmaid as a cover job, and she does help Mr Gehrman with his investigations. Its just her main income is from elsewhere.

Makes sense.

Barmaid and trade facilitator

I tweaked in IC post.

Also adjusted Gov's reaction (favorably).

Barmaid as a day job, helps with investigations, facilitates trade= less suspicious than a vague answer. One can guess a barmaid might be facilitating trade in several ways, some perfectly respectable. She might be setting up meetings between buyers and sellers. Maybe scoping out potential deals, collecting rumors and tips, etc.

The Governor isn't pressing Katrin any further on that.
Sense Motive 10 reveals
VIEW CONTENT:
If she suspects Kat's a bit shady , she seems unconcerned now. Why should she waste time inquiring about the customs and excises of some distant city-state, or the local business practices? Irrelevant. Kat's not a foreign spy, assassin, kidnapper, or poison-maker.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:235084:0

+3
Not good enough, but not bad.

I adjusted her reaction.

She's growing suspicious of Sir Clive now. He's hiding his identity and his place of origin, for reasons that are not clear.

But you rolled well enough that it doesn't scream ''I'm a lying assassin sent to MURDER YOU."

This would have been a bad time to roll a NAT 1 for a bluff check.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf might need a little bluff for a debatable inaccuracy in his upcoming answers.
VIEW CONTENT:
As a member of the Didakti, he is a form of spy, but it is fairly accurate to describe it as (secret) policework.
+4
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:Klokulf might need a little bluff for a debatable inaccuracy in his upcoming answers.
VIEW CONTENT:
As a member of the Didakti, he is a form of spy, but it is fairly accurate to describe it as (secret) policework.
235090:0
+4
Nice.

Yeah, secret police is arguably more accurate. The Didakti focus on their own church, after all.

Their core missions are studying evil and morally testing their coreligionists. probably just say that and not even say 'secret police.' It's true.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

answered:

Benn

Raen

Katrin

Sir Clive

Klokulf

That just leaves Alain and Alwina.

LordSkybolt voluntarily failed his saving throw, so it's obvious he's not holding back. I'll post an update/second part soon.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Spell interacts with certain past effects and the voluntarily failed will save.

Add anything you like or request edits, LSB.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Oh, right! Alwina.
Raen is suspicious of her since the portal didn't just bring imperial executioners but also fiends and he is not still convinced Alwina is not some kind of deceiver.
Would love to hear her explaining how she escaped some beastmen by the portal we tried to close while it was open and then snatched up again when we tried to close it. Some clerics will have to double check their spells... :lol:
She probably has a record for being the less time in Ravenloft or something.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Chapter 1 is closed for posting.

Chapter 2 will go up after I know your plan of action.

Questions:

Is the party coming back to the North Abbey in an hour, to seek the Governor's help getting home?
yes/no

Going someplace else?
Where?

More broadly, what course of action is the group likely to pursue now?

METAGAME QUESTION:

Do you want an interim scene in which to discuss this stuff IC, or would you prefer to gloss over that stuff in OOOC and re-enter IC having come up with some sort of plan, at least for the short-term?

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf would like to take this hour to talk with the priests and access their theological writings. Afterward, he would be willing to meet with the Governor again.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

If there's trouble, Raen would like to help the governor deal with whatever threat and he will offer his assistance.
If she denies, so be it. He'll be back in an hour.
My DMGuild work!