The Eye of Anubis: OOC Thread

Online roleplaying at the Café
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Shooting at James during my lunch break...on the off chance I miss, though, there's a good chance I'll need backup. I can only take about one of his shots before I drop.

EDIT: Hit him! Will type something up about it later.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'll take down my post for now. I need to coordinate this right ...
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Alright. Questions:

Can anyone take down the last of the fog?
Can we get another big mass cure spell in?

If the answers to these questions are no ...

Does anyone want to run into the fog with me and charge Cavendish? Thanks to my Bite spell, I temporarily have the benefit of the Blind-Fight feat. If I can tackle or at least touch him and call out to others, would that give them a better chance? If we can get him immobilized and stuff something in his mouth so he can't talk, we could have a chance.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Just a note to whoever is doing the healing (Cronax? Kuzan?)--Charles is presently at -4 hit points. So, a little TLC would be much appreciated.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Does anyone have a better idea than letting the mage try to grapple?

Also, is Sascha down this round? I thought that all he had to do was survive Cavendish's chance to kill him before he can kill himself.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Trust me, I'd much prefer someone to wipe away the fog and then light Ramsey up like a Roman candle with spells while stronger people do the grappling.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Sascha is down just as soon as he posts his suicide, yes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Rock wrote:Trust me, I'd much prefer someone to wipe away the fog and then light Ramsey up like a Roman candle with spells while stronger people do the grappling.
I am up for burnination :)
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Did I down the guy? There's still a chance I might need backup, to be safe, though Dieter does have a chance to get a shot off at him.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Just a brief note to say, Hooray Sascha!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Neo was rather cagey about exactly what the fallout of Saschas suicide would entail, only that it would prove to be some kind of armageddon. So Im just glad that it worked.

Still, nice to see Cavendish losing it, and I did enjoy wiping that smirk off his face. :twisted:

Also a very nice touch to let Tomas have the last word, nemesis arent there for nothing afterall.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

lostboy wrote: Also a very nice touch to let Tomas have the last word, nemesis arent there for nothing afterall.
Kill thief. :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Every time I play a character, I think: wouldn't it be cool to have him die in a noble sacrifice? Then I play the character once or twice and get too attached to him, and keep him alive at all costs. Kudos to lostboy for doing what I never could! And that was one heck of a climax, Neo and Isy!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ornum
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Ornum »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Every time I play a character, I think: wouldn't it be cool to have him die in a noble sacrifice? Then I play the character once or twice and get too attached to him, and keep him alive at all costs. Kudos to lostboy for doing what I never could! And that was one heck of a climax, Neo and Isy!
I've only seen two PC's ever make that sacrifice in my games. And both were actually retired and turned into NPC's at the time. I did it with the first character I ever created in D&D to help save a new batch of PC's (he couldn't be rezzed because the PC's didn't have the cash or the spell and soon after a lich took over the corpse as his new body) and another player did it with his first character while DMing by detonating a Staff of the Magi to close a portal to Baator. It's easy to kill off a retired character, but it's much more difficult to do so with a current PC. I also give proper credit to Lostboy for a scene well-played.

Everyone from top to bottom has done some fine work during the course of the game, actually. Good work to all the players, DMs, map makers, play-testers, and anyone else that made this game so enjoyable for an uninvolved person to read every day.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

It's all you, man. That was a hell of a thing. I didn't know Cavendish was getting sucked into the vortex, honestly, or I probably would've held back on hitting him.

That said, yeah, calling Cavendish 'John' was all fan wank.