Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Troile »

Great work.
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

Driven by necessity and madness, I give three more objects of interest to purveyors of things macabre.

Title:The Sinful Jar
Appearance:An Amphora constructed of some reddish orange stone, with painted detail along the side of a man committing an indecent act with a young woman...and then being stoned to death by presumably his community.
Associated Phenomena: When placed within 20' of an individual who has broken a social more or societal taboo within the past 24 hours, the Jar will fill with a sickly sweet smelling black fluid. Animals exposed to that fluid show increases in aggression, and in the case of animals with a distinct social hierarchy, a marked tendency to rebel against their "role".
Current location: Unknown, rumored to be in the hands of a private collector.

Title:Academic discourse on lunar irregularities
Author: Dahmien Fairbanks, formerly of Mordentshire, currently residing in the Miekki sanitarium
Appearance: a small black book, absent of title except on the inside page.
Contents: The work of an amateur astronomer, this tome discusses supposed irregularities in the path of lunar orbit, specifically in regards to Sithicus compared to the rest of the known lands. The tome itself would be dismissed as an amateur's work, and devoid of any true academic merit except for several noted mathematicians being unable to find fault with his conclusion that there are quite possibly two VERY different night skies in creation. Unfortunately, the author suffered a psychotic break shortly after publication, declaring that "In the cold dark, they watch us and hunger" during a discussion of his work, and attempting to claw the eyes out of a fellow scholar.
Copies known to exist: Several in the hands of major universities, occasionally available on the common market.

Title:A better place
Artist: Sophie Augustine
Appearance: A painting depicting a smiling family, a mother (Assumed to be a self portrait of the artist herself), Her husband, and two children. Ordinarily, this would be at best the work of an amateur, however Sophie Augustine was currently undergoing treatment for traumatic shock after loosing her husband and children to an unfortunate blaze. Undergoing a regimen of "Art therapy" she painted a piece she titled "A better place" and stated that she was going there. This was overlooked by the staff at the sanitarium, till one morning she was gone.
Reports that the figures in the painting occasionally change positions are surely unsubstantiated nonsense.
Current location:A private gallery in Chateaufaux

Title: The Lascombe Codex
Author: Silas Lascombe the 3rd, Born 722, Died 760
Appearance: A large book with brown binding, the lower right corner shows some sign of water damage, however the interior is not damaged enough to be unreadable.
Contents: Supposedly a text describing a pictographic language encountered on an unknown island Silas Lascombe claimed to have spent over two years shipwrecked there, and was the only member of the crew to make their escape. The people of the island apparently practice a form of solar worship revolving around human sacrifice, believing that the sun itself is in fact, dying, and requires the blood of others to sustain itself.
The text itself serves as a basic introduction to their language, as well as a basic primer on the culture. At most, it would be a curiosity, had Silas Lascombe not been shot dead by constabulary, found hovering over a known scarlet woman now sans her heart, declaring "They're right you know" before a pistol shot ended his life.
Copies known to exist: 4, one in the possession of the Lascombe estate. 3 others remain in the possession of major libraries.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Excellent work again!
DilisnyaRevenge
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by DilisnyaRevenge »

Awesome stuff again man! :D

I love "A better place"... Heck I love 'em all. Keep this series going whenever inspiration strikes.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

I think my favorite is "A Better Place" as well, likely because the destination is anything but.
Green Giant
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Green Giant »

Excellent! I'm loving this stuff.
[url=http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=142994]Realms NPC Characters[/url]
[url=http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=496878]Realms NPC Characters II[/url]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Looks like fun. Can other people play?

Title: Foliogo's Filch
Appearance: A taxidermy-preserved specimen of an adult male gremishka with light gray fur and tabby cat markings. Stuffed with rolled cotton, the specimen is crouched low on its haunches with its tail curled round its ankles. Its right hand extends greedily forward, while its left is tucked close to its chest, as if clutching something small and prized. Its ears are pulled back like an angry cat's, its teeth are bared, and its cheap glass eyes are slightly askew, giving the Filch an expression of malignant idiocy.
Associated Phenomenon: People who remain alone in the same room as the Filch for more than a few minutes often discover that smaller items of little value (copper pieces, visiting cards, pens, etc) have gone missing from their possession, soon afterwards. Victims need not have been within actual reach of the specimen for this to occur; indeed, such petty losses persist even when the Filch is enclosed in a glass cover or locked cabinet. None of the property in question has ever been found, either in the Filch's clutches or elsewhere.
Location: Currently locked up in a disused broom cupboard at a Vaasi nobleman's country estate, in a vain attempt to halt its "filching".
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

title:my pet monster
appearance:a stuffed toy version of some nondescript creature chained at the wrists.
associated phenomena:when the chains are unlocked(the keys location is currently unknown)the creature comes to life & can only become the toy again when the chains are replaced upon it's wrists!(the creature only becomes carnivorous when garbage is unavailable)
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Mmmmmy pet monster~

One of the many shows I remember in lieu of remembering more important things.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I remember renting that stupid My Pet Monster movie about 15 times when I was a kid. I don't know why, but I loved it. Ah, but I digress...

More wonderful artifacts! this is an awesome thread!
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

alligator pear
basically a mutant canaverous pear
location is unknown!
the item is priceless!
fyi,this item grows unpredictability anywhere that normal pears do!
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

jules wrote:alligator pear
basically a mutant canaverous pear
location is unknown!
the item is priceless!
fyi,this item grows unpredictability anywhere that normal pears do!
Thought for the day: there's only one of it, but it's a pear!

(For ESLs: "pear" and "pair" are homonyms in English)
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"