Forlorn revisited

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Vlad
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Forlorn revisited

Post by Vlad »

10 years ago (real time) my PCs visited Forlorn for a long time. They ended with the swap to 1594, managed to save Flora and convince her (or so they think) to leave the country. After that everything became hazy and the PC wound up in Hazlan and continued their journey, never bothering to even inform what happened to Forlorn (it is still there). Sometimes my PCs just amaze me :shock:

Of the PCs of ten years ago, only two are still in my group and only one has the same PC as back then. I love Forlorn and it's castle and really would like to go back to it for some reason. Right now the PCs are fulfilling the Feast of Goblyns Hyskosa prophecy *(that is, will start fullfilling, they are on their way to Kartakass , I used a different order of the prophecy). At the moment they are playing Harvest's Horror, placed in Invidia. I would love them to move at some point (after HH or during FoG, or after that) back to Forlorn, but 2 questions I can't get answered (my imagination is at a low..) :(
1. What happened to Forlorn? I never wanted it to be erased and Tristen is just the coolest lord. So I would like to stick to the story as far as he is concerned. On the other hand, another darklord would be cool too, but can't think of a good candidate (Raul? Why would she? Morholt? ) They are not evil enough in their current form, or I would have to rewrite the whole story.
2. Why would they go there (the one PC has had a bad encounter with a feasting goblyn back then, I don't know if he would like to return). On the other hand, the module is called Feast of Goblyns, right? Just thinking how I could link those two. And how can I bedevil my PCs if they stumble in with full knowledge about how the castle 'works' and what its history is?

Anyone has some ideas?
Denn du bist
was du isst
und ihr wisst
was es ist
~ Rammstein