Lonely PnPer seeking fellow minded souls

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Holy_Rage
Conspirator
Conspirator

Lonely PnPer seeking fellow minded souls

Post by Holy_Rage »

Hello everyone,

As a long time lurker in the forums, I've always admired the quality work and submissions offered by FoS. Thank you for all your efforts!

I am an old Ravenloft gamer who hasn't had the chance to play PnP for 5-6 years. I've decided to remedy this and try to begin playing again. Unfortunately, there is no gaming group I know of in my area, and I thought about playing online.

So besides NWN, would any of you have any suggestions where someone could have some PnP games online? I am quite versed in both 2nd and 3.5 ed. and I own all the sourcebooks. All ideas are most welcome, thanks for your time.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Come on down to the Evening with the Fraternity! :D

We've been playing since Halloween 2005, and Nathan's sure to be happy to have one more body to torment. :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Llana wrote:Come on down to the Evening with the Fraternity! :D

We've been playing since Halloween 2005, and Nathan's sure to be happy to have one more body to torment. :P
NO! Come to Staunton Bluffs! *Points to Cafe de Nuit*

We... We are just better than anyone else!

Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Them's fighting words, young man... :evil: :davion:

Of course, you could join both games, Holy_Rage, and decide for yourself who's right...:P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Really, An Evening with the Fraternity or Deepshadow's Reckonings might be a better choice at the moment, since my campaign will end after the next chapter.
...Only to return in autumn in a new setting! :)
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Nah Reconings is probably best. I mean, who would actually want to play amongst a load of power mad evil mages.

Remembers that he plays Ewtf.

Oh right

Ducks retrbution

Seriously, feel free to join either (or both) group(s). I know we'd love someone new to join in.
Holy_Rage
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Holy_Rage »

Thanks for your prompt replies... I will try both games and won't reach a verdict, as I am sure both are fine in their own way :)

By the way, being always on the lookout for new things, I suggest that anyone interested in online PnP tries OpenRPG. I am sure that we can get a regular game set there, in a real time, virtual tabletop. Any takers?

http://www.openrpg.com/

http://www.fantasygrounds.com/

First one is a free program, second is license-bound, but much better looking and functional.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

It's a good offer, but I've got enough going with Evening and two games on my own board. But thank you! :D
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

I see that you're from Brugge.

I don't know about any shops around there, but since you probably got your books from one, maybe you could go check there? Ask if you can hang up a note or something. Or maybe the shop owner knows of a group that's looking for players.

Had you lived nearer to Antwerp, I would've invited you sometime. :)

Good luck
Desertrising
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Desertrising »

Hey Holy Rage I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands and the following evenings can work for me provided we are either starting late enough or early enough.

Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

I am also available during the day but am somewhat remiss to try to get together then.
Vote Cthulhu! At least then we know we are going to get screwed.