link to the library?

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Village Idiot
Conspirator
Conspirator

link to the library?

Post by Village Idiot »

maybe its just me. but it took me a long time to find the library, had to read a bunch of posts until someone posted a link somewhere. of course if you go to fraternityofshadows.com (not /forum) everything is easy. and while this seems self-evident, i didnt think of it. a link in the guidelines post would sort it out for future idiots like me...
Joël of the FoS

Re: link to the library?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Village Idiot wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:44 pm maybe its just me. but it took me a long time to find the library, had to read a bunch of posts until someone posted a link somewhere. of course if you go to fraternityofshadows.com (not /forum) everything is easy. and while this seems self-evident, i didnt think of it. a link in the guidelines post would sort it out for future idiots like me...
Yeah, this is an ongoing problem. People find the forum and think that's all there is to the site. That's why I added the "[Return to Fraternity of Shadows Main Site]" link to the forum banner, but that's not too evident either. Which guidelines post are you referring to? I mean, we can add links anywhere to let people know about the main site, but I'd like to do in places that are intuitive to a new visitor like yourself. (welcome, btw!).

The rules post?
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=304
The "New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!" post?
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... php?t=7375
The "New to Ravenloft? Start here!" post?
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... php?t=6706

Or maybe we should just have a separate sticky post that says "Hey! There's more to the site than these forums, check it out!"
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Village Idiot
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Village Idiot »

Well i was looking for older Quoth volumes, didnt know how to find them, got to the "Fraternity Netbooks" and there is a sticky on top. A user who does not know how to find the libraby and who thinks FoS is a forum, would come here to "Netbooks" and start reading the sticky, i suppose.. at least thats what i did.