A second-hand question from a DM...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Brandi wrote:Oh, and sorry about the thread hijack, guys.
Not a problem. I'm just glad to see that there is a reason you were so quick to jump on me. It just didn't seem like you.

Rotipher, I'll pass along those responses. I've not read all of the Gaz's yet, so I wasn't able to quickly pick up on all of that. I know I have Gaz III, and I thought I had I lying around here somewhere, but I don't see it in my collection. I'll have to correct that.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Brandi wrote:SEARCH IZ HAERD.
Actually, if you're using the "ClanzDarkness2" layout, the search button is misspelled as "SEARH". (With no C.)

Which means that you could have written "SEARH IZ HAERD" and it would actually have been pretty accurate ;)
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

HuManBing wrote:Actually, if you're using the "ClanzDarkness2" layout, the search button is misspelled as "SEARH". (With no C.)
Never noticed that until you pointed it out. o.O
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Well, the alternative would mean that the Gaz V GC-offspring is dead, as the "gray-skinned creature" was killed by vengeful Tepestani. I doubt if the writers would go to all the trouble of planting a bunch of the Caller's kids in the books, for Azalin to scheme over, only to have one of these beings the lich's plot requires already be deceased. :?
Yes, you're quite right, guess I jumped the gun. :oops:

I still have trouble with it being Chezna, mainly because there's very little in the text to suggest she's one of the GC's children. True, she's got red hair which is unheard of amongst Vistani, but the GC is never described with red hair (then again, he's been described as having blonde hair in Carnival and having black hair in Gaz V, so I guess he can appear to have whatever hair color he wants). I guess what I'm saying is that if Chezna is supposed to be one of the GC's children, there's not much to insinuate that in the text when compared to the others (Vigo and the Jongleur), unless I'm either missing something or there was a section cut.
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
Jeremy16
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jeremy16 »

FWIW, I always thought it was Nikko Hetch, the leader of one of Othmar's secret police.

And on a side note, how paranoid can you get to have not just one, but three different "secret police" organizations?
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Jeremy16 wrote:FWIW, I always thought it was Nikko Hetch, the leader of one of Othmar's secret police.

And on a side note, how paranoid can you get to have not just one, but three different "secret police" organizations?
FBI. CIA. NSA. ATF. Army and Navy Intelligence. Homeland Security. Secret Service. And that's just off the top of my head. :wink:
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

Sorry for the ignorance, hey I'm starting to feel bad, :P, but what is the problem with "SEARCH IZ HAERD"

Thank for your consideration; you will someday, possibly a very far one, be rewarded, hahaha :roll: [/quote]
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

I´m with Rotipher in believing that Chezna is one of the children.

As noted by Azalin "Power is drawn to power". Many of the children are in powerful positions(Vigo in Falkovnia, Mallochio as the political leader of Invidia, the Joungleur as the bodyguard of Ivana and Chezna knowing the secret of Othmar Bolshnikm, keeping the prince in her hands).

With exception of Mallochio (who is a key character of the setting) the other children have no stats. Vigo, The BEast of the Hills, Jongleur and Chezna also have no stats.

All them have the vistani ancestry from their mothers, plus some strange feature: vigo has fiendish deformities, the Jongleur has scars, The beast ..well, the title says all..and finally Chezna has the Red Hair, something very unusual for someone with vistani ancestry, and we can´t forget her cruelty.