By the unholy seething horrors of the abyss, above and below

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Slerm wrote:All of HP Lovecraft's works are in public domain at this point. You can read them all online for free. :)
Well, maybe not.

Doesn't make the second sentence false, though.[/url]
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

I love when my players make me proud.

Why note try some Poe?
my bones among the rocks and roots
Diosamblet
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Diosamblet »

I have a hard time getting creeped out by reading (movies are another story), but The Colour out of Space really scared me, particularly the description of the light coming out of the well...

I also loved At the Mountains of Madness. Sadly, I thought Lovecraft could have cut the story short by a few pages. I felt it kind of dragged in the end. But the atmosphere of complete, millenia old solitude is unsurpassed.
Mortepierre
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Mortepierre »

Malus Black wrote:At the Mountains of Madness. Which, incidentally, was just made into a radio drama by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society.
Just wanted to add that I purchased the CD and received it yesterday. The bonus items (newspaper clipping, etc..) are very cool and I have been glued to my CD-reader ever since. Despite the great temptation to listen to all of it at once, I'm forcing myself to listen to only 2-3 tracks per day so as to preserve the feeling of a radio-drama of old.

LHS has done a great job and I recommend this item to all HPL fans out there!
[b]Mortepierre Malepeste[/b]
[i]Dwarven Necro.. er .. Student of Anatomy[/i]
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

Mortepierre wrote:
Malus Black wrote:At the Mountains of Madness. Which, incidentally, was just made into a radio drama by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society.
Just wanted to add that I purchased the CD and received it yesterday. The bonus items (newspaper clipping, etc..) are very cool and I have been glued to my CD-reader ever since. Despite the great temptation to listen to all of it at once, I'm forcing myself to listen to only 2-3 tracks per day so as to preserve the feeling of a radio-drama of old.

LHS has done a great job and I recommend this item to all HPL fans out there!
Seconded. I just got it, and it's excellent. The acting, the sound effects, the music... it's all great. I'll admit that the way they chose to present it was a bit odd at first, but it makes perfect sense and really suits the material. And yes, the bonus stuff is wonderful (I swear that I thought the page from the sketchbook was drawn with an actual pencil... actually, I'm not sure it wasn't... was it?).

Now to get the Call of Cthulhu silent film.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe