Need Ravenloft Art

Books, movies, television and everything else
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Need Ravenloft Art

Post by Gwenfloor »

Hey guys. I am designing my own Ravenloft online RPG messageboard. The site is very new, and I need to find a suitable site background for needed visuals. Can any of you recommend some good Gothic/Ravenloft art?
In case you need to know, here is the site:
http://gwenfloor.proboards77.com/index.cgi
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Nevermind, I found some art.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

If you still need some, I wouldn't mind sending you some that I've made for various different Ravenloft projects.
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Thanks, that would be cool. Also, do you like my site so far?
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

Gwenfloor wrote:Also, do you like my site so far?
Two things come to mind at first glance. First of all, the colour scheme is rather garish ('course, there might be other skins for the registered), and hardly befitting the mood. Secondly, the picture at the top of the site is freakishly big, requiring you to scroll down after every link you follow. Big no-no. On a minor note, I'd recommend replacing the background illustration with a single colour. I'm not very fond of tiled images.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Malus Black wrote:
Gwenfloor wrote:Also, do you like my site so far?
Two things come to mind at first glance. First of all, the colour scheme is rather garish ('course, there might be other skins for the registered), and hardly befitting the mood. Secondly, the picture at the top of the site is freakishly big, requiring you to scroll down after every link you follow. Big no-no. On a minor note, I'd recommend replacing the background illustration with a single colour. I'm not very fond of tiled images.
How about a black background instead of green?
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

I like the board from the quick glance I had about the place. I am also pleased to see a somewhat default design for the character sheets that's become popular on most roleplay messageboards. However, I would have bunched all of the Core domains into the same area, then that would have allowed space for further dividsions for the clusters, islands and so forth, this isn't a big issue though and Proboards allows you to move and rename boards easy enough (I used to co-run a few boards on there a few years ago, before and during my early Frat days, heheh).

I hope it goes well for you, I'd join myself if my schedule wasn't so hectic (no roleplay for me these days, not had a chance for ages now *sniff sniff*).
Swallow your soul!
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Thank you for the compliment, Wiccy!