I'VE FIGURED OUT HOW TO KILL EASAN!!!!!!!!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

i have been thinking about this for years but....
couldn't you assemble the Apperatus to be used on Easan? i know it sounds easier then it is: but couldn't it seperate the two entities? it would make a great adventure.
my bones among the rocks and roots
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Now THIS is a good idea, given as how it fits with Easan's personality and or curse.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Agreed - that's a cool idea!

Maybe once you isolate the possessing fiend, it loses its special regeneration powers and becomes like a given Tanar'ri. Still a really tough fight, but at least it's not totally invincible.

And also there are a couple of fiends still gallivanting around Ravenloft, trapped and unable to return to their lower planes. The fiend possessing Easan might try possessing others, leading to an interesting campaign where the PCs have to exorcise and save these unfortunates.
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

The fiend that's possessing/fused with Easan strikes me as being something, ooooo... wackier than a tanari'i.
More like an obyrith.
A possessor obyrith that mutates its host in weird and unpleasant ways sounds very interesting.

Perhaps clues to the identity of Easan's head friend could be given by some of the other fiends trapped in Ravenloft?
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I agree that the apperatus would be cool, but it seems unfair to shortchange my players, should they come up against such a formidable opponent. I was just looking for a way to use Easan without my players having to choose between running and dying. I imagine my players would hate a situation like that. Also, I'm not so sure Easan's regeneration is derived from the demon. As someone pointed out on another Easan thread, Easan was the one who experimented on inncents to rid himself of the demon. I think the dark powers just gave him a highly unusual gift. After all, diambel isn't posessed by a demon. Also, how does smashing an amulet fit Hazlik?
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

HuManBing wrote:That's fine. Then treat it like trivia - a brain tickler of entertainment value - something to nibble on and then pass by.
That's a good way to put it. I like the discussion for hypothetical reasons, but I maintain we should not get TOO involved.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

vipera aspis wrote:i have been thinking about this for years but....
couldn't you assemble the Apperatus to be used on Easan? i know it sounds easier then it is: but couldn't it seperate the two entities? it would make a great adventure.
Coooool... Hey, that's a great idea! Now obviously Easan is not exactly a darklord many people want to kill / get rid of, but I can see an high-level adventure in which someone asks you to remove (or maybe help?) Easan...

What would happen to the domain if you did this? Probably the DPs wouldn't count Easan the Sane Again as a darklord, so perhaps the demon would assume DLship, and Easan and the PCs would have to destroy him, while the domain is rapidly changing into an hellish place to reflect its new lord...
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Hazlik's amulet is the source of his Undying Soul quality: whoever touches it is possessed, then replaced by Hazlik's spirit.
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Scarycount wrote:I agree that the apperatus would be cool, but it seems unfair to shortchange my players, should they come up against such a formidable opponent. I was just looking for a way to use Easan without my players having to choose between running and dying. I imagine my players would hate a situation like that. Also, I'm not so sure Easan's regeneration is derived from the demon. As someone pointed out on another Easan thread, Easan was the one who experimented on inncents to rid himself of the demon. I think the dark powers just gave him a highly unusual gift. After all, diambel isn't posessed by a demon. Also, how does smashing an amulet fit Hazlik?
Then simply have them wack Esan into a bloody pulp and leave assuming he's dead (when he's not).

And sometimes you simply have to run. You don't like it but sometimes you have to. If you (as a player) know your DM is never going to put you into a fight that you cannot win then you're never really going to be afraid. You'll always know you can win and always know that you shouldn't die.
Little Ole Me
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Little Ole Me »

Speaking of which, where do you guys find so much information on Easen? Is Vechor featured in any netzine/canon material? I think I must have missed it - I've always been intrigued by so little that is written about Easen and Vechor to find out more. Right now what little I know of Vechor makes it seem like a bigger version of Davion.
Darkknight
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Darkknight »

Jester has it right. I did this with my players for a number of years. They beat everything that I put them against and they grew to expect it. Finally I put them together with Azalin for a non-combat and they threw down. They didn't run and a campaign of five years ended with all of us having a long discussion.

As for Easan, I believe Sorti has a great idea to use the apperatus and then use Easan to aid in defeating the demon. As for the regen I really believe that is the two of them together that have it. It is along the lines of Adam and Victor. Both can not die no matter what you do unless the other is killed as well.
I remember the first war, the way the sky burned... Faces of angels destroyed.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I wasn't going to just let them win, I just thought it wasn't fair to make Easan any tougher than he already was.
Luke Fleeman
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Luke Fleeman »

I don't think it is neccessarily wrong to let them win, at least in a small way, at least temporarily. But they shoudl not definitively beat him.

I think a Pyrrhic victory would be a good way to go, letting them think they won...
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - Friedrich Nietzsche