Discussing all roleplaying games
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Some of the WotC books for 2007

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hello,

clicky

Seems like WotC has rediscovered the good old superadventure...

Here my favs from that list:
A D&D Adventure
Barrow of the Forgotten King
Ed Stark

The mighty statue of a forgotten king stands atop a lonely hill overlooking the town of Kingsholm. No one remembers the ancient sovereign or his dynasty, but locals shun the graveyard on the hillside near the statue. Sinister shapes lurk among the tombstones, and evil stirs in the catacombs below.
Barrow of the Forgotten King is a D&D adventure designed for 2nd level characters. The first in a three-part series, it can alos be run as a stand-alone adventure. It features a new and exciting combat encounter format designed to make the Dungeon Master's job easier.
February 13, 2007
Saddle-stitched 64 pages
$19.95/$24.95 CAN

A Forgotten Realms Super-Adventure
Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, and James Wyatt

Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave is the first-ever Forgotten Realms hardcover super-adventure! Designed to take characters from 4th to 8th level, the adventure pits the heroes against the evil agents of Shar and Cyric as they plot to corrupt the worship of Mystra, goddess of magic. The adventure begins in Cormyr, but the characters must also travel to the Plane of Shadow to thwart the villians machinations.
This adventure can be run as a standalone adventure or as Part One of an epic three-part series of hardcover adventures set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
[March 20, 2007[/B]
160 page hardcover
$29.95/$37.95 CAN

A D&D Super-Adventure
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
Wolfgang Baur and Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is a D&D super-adventure for characters of levels 9-12. It is usable as a mini-campaign on its own, as a story arc in a Dungeon Master's regular campaign, or as a series of small side adventures with a big payoff. The structure is very flexible and eminently customizable. The adventure uses a new combat encounter format designed to make the DM's job easier and to speed up play.
Heroes who become entangled in the adventure's plot soon find themselves squaring off against the agents of Lolth and Graz'zt across several planes, including the Abyss.
April 17, 2007[/I]
224 page hardcover
$34.95/$44.00
Any thoughts on this?

Yours,

Rafael
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I was looking at the new Weis & Hickman novel, "Dragons of the Dwarven Depths" last night. On the last page, they describe the next novel coming in 2007, "Dragons of the Warlord Skies", and that it will feature the relationship between Kitiara & Lord Soth. :soth:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Is that one any good? - I mean, is it more *milking the cow*, or is it really a good read? :)