Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

I speak to the door "You you let us pass or not?"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Alarnik wrote:Hoping (perhaps in vain) to get her to speak, Nicolas bends down to the little girl.

"Have you been here before? Do you know who that is?" As he speaks, he points discreetly toward the door...
The girl stares at the talking door, her eyes widened by her fear. "No... Can't remember... Head hurts..."

She starts to sob.

In the meanwhile, the door's lips point down - apparently, Alain's and Nathan's disrespect have angered it.

"Pfffffffffffff... No fun with a little play any more? - Well, okay then..."

Without any further word, the door swings open...

And opens the way to a narrow, but clean room.

Nothing stands in there but three beds, all clean with silk linen pillows...

Over at the wall, a light taint can be seen - as if something had hanged there for a long time... A painting maybe? Or a crest?

The room, like the entrance, is window-less, and a door on the eastern wall leads to another room.
Le Noir Faineant

I should add that the woman's song and the mouth on the door seem to have ceased to exist once the door opened...
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Curious about the entrance door, Jarryd makes his way to the west to check. However he cannot avoid to notice the prescence of Lodissio, or the creature that sounds like Lodissio.

"...errr....Lodissio....are you alright?" Jarryd asks , not knowing exactly ho to refer to the moustrous shadow. "We carried you here...I thought you were going to die....I mean ... I hope you didn't...." Jarryd then starts looking for Lodissio's body, if he can find it, then this creature is not the Lodissio they knew...although the real one was also a bit strange.

Slowly, Jarryd continues to the west door, hoping he can find some information concerning this place, and that the creature does not attack them while busy with a talking door..
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana glances exasperatedly at Alain

"thanks for the warning... do you think I'm a total fool? next time I'm lying to an entity of unknown power, feel free to keep your temper. I'm trying to be careful here!"

I eye the new door suspiciously
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain stops in his tracks for a moment and without turning around replies to Shana.
"Pardon Moi, Madame, if I seem to be out of sorts. As you can plainly see we are in the midst of some develish childs fantasy land, I should know, I am a storyteller." He then turns his head so the others standing by the talking door can see his profile. His face is red with anger, although his voice is quite under control.
"the petite may not remember anything..."he says gesturing to the little girl. "But I am absolutly sure that what ever this is..."he says gesturing to the enviroment. "..It is feeding on her imagination. And a childs imagination can be very dangerous."
With that said he continues to Jarryds position to try to find a way out.
Le Noir Faineant

Don Fernando wrote: "...errr....Lodissio....are you alright?" Jarryd asks , not knowing exactly ho to refer to the moustrous shadow. "We carried you here...I thought you were going to die....I mean ... I hope you didn't...." Jarryd then starts looking for Lodissio's body, if he can find it, then this creature is not the Lodissio they knew...although the real one was also a bit strange.
Fear not

And with that, Lodissio's shade turns and exits the room crossing the wall...

Path is here, I think
Le Noir Faineant

BigBadQDaddy wrote: With that said he continues to Jarryds position to try to find a way out.
[Just to get this clear - one could easily open the main door and go out... Or so it seems. :wink: At least, there's no visible barrier blocking the front door.]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana frowns, but if she had anything else to say, it is interrupted by her surprise at Lodissio's departure.

"hmm... if this is a child's story, I'm guessing it isn't the sort with a happy ending... maybe we shouldn't follow the plot."

I follow Lodissio, trying to stick close behind him and keep him in sight, even when he shouldn't be
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Shaking his head to rid his thoughts of delicious sweets, Tavian refocuses on the scene before him. By the time he does this, the face on the door is gone, the door open to an empty room. He notices Shana following the shade of Lodissio, and does likewise.
Le Noir Faineant

Lodissio has crossed the northern wall, like a ghost... To follow him would mean either to break the wall, or to exit the house...

Before Tavian, a door suddenly materializes, opening a way to a northern room...

[I have changed my mind and will provide you with some clean maps... Tomorrow. :wink: ]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana focuses hard on the existance of a doorway where Lodissio went, and tries to walk through it...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Without missing a beat, Tavian walks to the door that appears and turns the doornob to open it.
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

While his companions examine the are, talk to doors and generally behave like lost actors in a winter's tale, Avra calmly bends down and picks up the coin which was thrown at him by the door.

"I wonder ehat clues this will have to offer..." And a little surprised, he looks over to Lodissio: "My friend - if you can..." but before he can ask him where they are or how to cure him, he is gone through the wall and returns to examing the coin.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

Tavian wrote:Without missing a beat, Tavian walks to the door that appears and turns the doornob to open it.
[I assume that it is the same door Shana was heading to - I am sorry for not providing the promised map even now - I'll put it online ASAP.]

With an unpleasant sound, the door opens into Tavian's direction.

Behind it, there's darkness - a wobbering mass of dark matter, and within it...

Human bones!

Dozens of it!
Boccaccio Barbarossa wrote:While his companions examine the are, talk to doors and generally behave like lost actors in a winter's tale, Avra calmly bends down and picks up the coin which was thrown at him by the door.
The coin Avra has picked up is heavy and obviously of the purest gold.

Thereis something written on the coin, but Avra doesn't really know what it might be... It's written in a different language... Maybe Balok?

But what is carved into the backside of the coin lets even the monk's heart do a jump - the picture on the backside of the coin, as clear as one can see and tell, features a carving of Path Rendar, your lost companion!