Fastest PC death yet

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

This indicates the problem I was having with my group at the time.

Luke rolls up a new character. I say he comes down the stairs (In an inn, you see). Luke opens his mouth. Stuart backstabs him and steals his treasure. The end.
Yattara
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Yattara »

tec-goblin wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote:
tec-goblin wrote:Do Paranoia clones count?
Are you kidding? :shock:
I can lose 3 clones in a single hour! I've even died from a thermal slipper!
ANS OF COURSE I'M HAPPY
THE COMPUTER IS MY FRIEND
TRUST THE COMPUTER

I think it's even worse when they don't die...the commie-traitors.
Have to fight, cause I know
in the end it's worthwhile,
that the pain that I feel slowly fades away.
It will be alright

Pale, Within Temptation
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Miriel Ithildin wrote:
tec-goblin wrote:
Tobias Blackburn wrote: Are you kidding? :shock:
I can lose 3 clones in a single hour! I've even died from a thermal slipper!
ANS OF COURSE I'M HAPPY
THE COMPUTER IS MY FRIEND
TRUST THE COMPUTER

I think it's even worse when they don't die...the commie-traitors.
Mutant-commie-traitors, Miriel. Mutant-commie-traitors. :wink:
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Troile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Troile »

You people actualy leave the fate of your players to the dice ? As a master, I always roll them dice to give an impression of luck, but I chose if, who, and for how much damages a character suffer. I keep a total personal control of how the fighting goes, so I can give the effect I desire on any battles.
Wow. I would so love to play in your game. Having no effect on how the game goes by my decisions would be awesome. I wish there was a DM around here who kept changing the fabric of reality so my decisions as a player wouldn't matter whatsoever. Best game ever.
Yattara
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Yattara »

I stand corrected. Thanks Tobias. :)
Have to fight, cause I know
in the end it's worthwhile,
that the pain that I feel slowly fades away.
It will be alright

Pale, Within Temptation
Gremmith Mi
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gremmith Mi »

Gremmtih Mi was involved in the adventure "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil". Every member of the party dies a dozen times.

'Twas truly horrifying... Earth elementals, dragons, giant t-rex skeletons, troglodyte clerics with huge buffs wearing magic full plate (AT LEVEL 4!!), and all manner of ridiculously powerful traps and such.

and THAT is why I like Ravenloft. No t-rex skeletons. :)
THE SKIES BLEED
sabbattack
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by sabbattack »

I was DMing Rloft, the "classic" (ask anyone of my groups) Night of the Walking Dead.

The party had a Gnome among them, so I decided to skip the frogs encounter in fear of being to dangerous for the little guy. After about half an hour of introductions, the party finally found the way to the swamp and the croc. First attack, tail strike. 2d6+str. One person down...Second attack, crit. Second person down...Third attack, crit miss...Two AoOs from the remaining party members, but 1 of them also crit missed...guess what? Yep, 3rd person down... :shock: :evil:

Except for the guy who took the crit, the other three woke up to find themselves in the middle of the vistani camp (see, I'm not utterly evil...I stabilised them :P ). I forgot to mention that the last guy fainted from a failed horror check when he saw the croc make a "take-away lunch" out of the crit'ed guy...
We still don't discuss this session. Needless to say, noone of 'em has ever played Rloft again. Stupid. They think the FRs have a lower mortality rate :roll:
Beauty is in the [i]eye[/i] of the Beholder. Everything else is in its stomach....

I always respected [b]Fixxxer[/b], so I proudly present you [url=http://www.dndarchive.com]his own DnD site[/url]!!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

My fastest PC death was in the 1st encounter with my new 3rd level character. 2 ghouls I believe killed us in a fair battle. Nothing terribly wrong just some lucky dice roll from the DM and some unlucky from us. 3 characters dies, we killed 1 ghoul and injured the other. About 2 hours of game.
sabbattack wrote:I was DMing Rloft, the "classic" (ask anyone of my groups) Night of the Walking Dead.
I also used the NotWDead but with 2nd level characters, since I believe the adventure is too dangerous for 1st level characters.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gremmith Mi
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gremmith Mi »

Ugh. Those adventures (the Hexad) were very, very hit and miss. What the hells was up with that uber-necromancer in the igloo at the end of the ship one? IS HE POSSIBLE TO KILL!?
THE SKIES BLEED
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Gremmith Mi wrote: and THAT is why I like Ravenloft. No t-rex skeletons. :)
I fully intend to correct this particular problem.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
lildog7
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by lildog7 »

I think anyone who’s started playing 1st level characters have had games where they quickly died.

I remember one of my first times playing… 1st level fighter and my dad was DMing Keep on the Boarder Land. The hobbit that lives out the hollowed out tree could some good whacks in on me with his club. That damn little blue dice that you had to color in with the crayon never did roll good for me.

Another shortly lived character was played by one of my friends… 1st level fighter, bit the dust fighting a skeleton. “No need to wait for the group, it’s only a skeleton”.

Another 1st level thief I was using, was caught stealing the poor box from the church and a 5th level cleric leveled him.