Ladies and Gentlemen and others. I’ve recently completed a first draft on an article I’d like to submit to the Storyteller’s Vault. It’s an entry written for Mummy: The Curse for the Chronicles of Darkness. It describes a new type of immortal to serve as ally, enemy or player character within the Chronicle.
I’m looking for betareaders or just folks willing to read a few pages on the concept. A plus if you know the setting or 2nd edition Chronicles to tell me if the abilities I’m giving this guy feel balanced or not within the established material (much more a first edition Chronicles guy than second, similar to being more a 3rd edition Ravenlofter than 5th). Haven’t found much to any interest on the discord and forums devoted specifically to Chronicles of Darkness (sadly feels like a dying setting/rules system now that the focus is back on the classic WoD, which is half of the reason I’m writing my ideas down to begin with). Not sure if the writing community here is as robust as it used to be but figured I would ask since I remember it being an interesting specially supportive site for creators compared to many I e encountered since.
If you’re interested in helping please say so here and I’ll send you what I have privately. I’d prefer to avoid sharing it publically to avoid spoilers for the time being. My longer term goal is to build up a portfolio based on articles like this so being a bit more stingy about the contents than I would be otherwise to be fair.
Betareaders for White Wolf article
Betareaders for White Wolf article
I'm just a ghost in this house.
-
doctornecrotic
- Criminal Mastermind

- Posts: 141
- Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:05 pm
- Gender: Male
Re: Betareaders for White Wolf article
I'm less familiar with Mummy, so any advice I could offer would be on baseline editing and SOME mechanics (at least as far as general WoD goes.) I'd have to see with my schedule though, as I'm weighed down with a number of projects (both paid and hobby).
I muse of grim fates in The Lands of the Mists. You can see more here.
- Joël of the FoS
- Moderator

- Posts: 7078
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: St-Damien, Québec
Re: Betareaders for White Wolf article
Sorry for being late, but yes, I can read and comment this!
Joël
Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: Betareaders for White Wolf article
nothri wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2026 8:55 pm Ladies and Gentlemen and others. I’ve recently completed a first draft on an article I’d like to submit to the Storyteller’s Vault. It’s an entry written for Mummy: The Curse for the Chronicles of Darkness. It describes a new type of immortal to serve as ally, enemy or player character within the Chronicle.
I’m looking for betareaders or just folks willing to read a few pages on the concept. A plus if you know the setting or 2nd edition Chronicles to tell me if the abilities I’m giving this guy feel balanced or not within the established material (much more a first edition Chronicles guy than second, similar to being more a 3rd edition Ravenlofter than 5th). Haven’t found much to any interest on the discord and forums devoted specifically to Chronicles of Darkness (sadly feels like a dying setting/rules system now that the focus is back on the classic WoD, which is half of the reason I’m writing my ideas down to begin with). Not sure if the writing community here is as robust as it used to be but figured I would ask since I remember it being an interesting specially supportive site for creators compared to many I e encountered since.
If you’re interested in helping please say so here and I’ll send you what I have privately. I’d prefer to avoid sharing it publically to avoid spoilers for the time being. My longer term goal is to build up a portfolio based on articles like this so being a bit more stingy about the contents than I would be otherwise to be fair.
Nothri!? Looong time no see! How are you?
And playing mummy: the curse?!
I would love to help you BUT I have veeeery rudimentary understanding of Mummy, I have never played it, I HAVE bought the book but never got deep into it.
Also, Mummy has been updated to 2e?!
I do know someone that is invested in Mummy and is extremely lore focused. He is a bit of rules-guy but perhaps he is willing to help. Do you want me to ping him?
Do not send to me yet, he may say no.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!

