Archibald Everlast's guide to redeem the evil creatures

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Archibald Everlast's guide to redeem the evil creatures

Post by Mistmaster »

This could be the subject of one of my QtR 27 articles; Archibald Everlast if you do not remember is the NPC I wrote for QtR 25. He is a scholar and while a good friend and mentor of Van Richten he hs an approach radically different in fighting evil.This article may cover his theories including non lethal suggestion to deal with non-fiendish evil being.
The main themes it will analyze are: Understanding the motives; Second chances, How to control monstous instinct and Nurture vs Nature; for every point a little story from the memories of the Wandering Crow himself exemplifying his way to think.
Would you like to read something like this?
Cromstar
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: Archibald Everlast's guide to redeem the evil creatures

Post by Cromstar »

I would very much be interested, personally. I like to place emphasis on the agency of characters in Ravenloft, PC and NPC alike, and part of that is the opportunity to change. I'd be very curious what you come up with for it.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Is Archibald aware of the Dark Powers and Darklords to the extent that he could discuss the repercussions of specifically redeeming them?
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Yes, he has an extensive knowledge about them having interacted with each of the "sadly deluded cruel children who lives in prisons of theyr own making and keep banging theyr heads on the bars, when there is an opened door behind theyr backs" and he also knows of the mysterious force (which he calls Mistpowers) which empowers both the Darklords, theyr foils and people as himself which are random wildcards on the board. He has deducted correctly how the varius curses works, and he believes that even them are not above salvation; he sees what happened to Soth as the demonstration he is right; A Darklord's redemption, he speculates, may or may not coincide with that being death; in the latter case however, balance would need more time to restore itself, as the Darklord would became the foil of himself, and so life would improve in the so freed land greatly; when a Darklord dies, balance restores itself quite quickly, Archibald believe that would be less so if the Darklord dies redeemed.