POVERO Campaign OOC
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
TITUS
may act next.
The rest of you may declare actions, and even make rolls, but your actions will take effect only after the cleric does whatever he does.
And, no, you do not see the cleric. The hawthorn and the tunnel walls block any sight of him.
Indeed, chance that Titus gains surprise
[dice]0[/dice]
Okay, if he moves into view, he is spotted. But he still acts ahead of the guys in the tunnel.
may act next.
The rest of you may declare actions, and even make rolls, but your actions will take effect only after the cleric does whatever he does.
And, no, you do not see the cleric. The hawthorn and the tunnel walls block any sight of him.
Indeed, chance that Titus gains surprise
[dice]0[/dice]
Okay, if he moves into view, he is spotted. But he still acts ahead of the guys in the tunnel.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
The rest I knew\expected. But that was new. You pay for the privilege to be jailed...ewancummins wrote: Where you await trial, not ordinarily where you serve a sentence.
Jails may require you to pay to be jailed.
ewancummins wrote:Some jurisdictions punish grave political crimes with death by torture.
Do you mean "high treason" here? Still too harsh, but understandable. Conspiracy to commit a coup? Espionage? Do these count for us foreigner plebs? Cause if our nice patron is accused of these (whether he did them or not) he has his golden shield and his name. We'll be paying the price.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?
Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
WIS checkalhoon wrote:Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?
Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
[dice]0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
High treason.alhoon wrote:The rest I knew\expected. But that was new. You pay for the privilege to be jailed...ewancummins wrote: Where you await trial, not ordinarily where you serve a sentence.
Jails may require you to pay to be jailed.
ewancummins wrote:Some jurisdictions punish grave political crimes with death by torture.![]()
Do you mean "high treason" here? Still too harsh, but understandable. Conspiracy to commit a coup? Espionage? Do these count for us foreigner plebs? Cause if our nice patron is accused of these (whether he did them or not) he has his golden shield and his name. We'll be paying the price.
As noncitizen foreigners, you really couldn't be guilty of that in Povero.
You might also see death by torture for people like The Crone, from our Birthright game. Despoiling graveyards, practicing black necromancy, killing people with rot grubs, worshipping demons, etc.\
Or simply burning at the stake.
An 'evil aligned' city or realm might deal out such cruel punishments for lesser offenses, but Povero does not have that sort of reputation. It's government is considered 'enlightened.' But that's be fantasy, pre-modern standards. The EU it aint. Even traitors may gain a merciful sentence of hanging or beheading. Heads may be displayed after death, though, or bodies hung in iron cages.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Not sure which guy this is.ewancummins wrote:WIS checkalhoon wrote:Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?
Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
[dice]222402:0[/dice]
No indication he is playing you.
But you don't exactly have the best view of him, with two humans in front of you. As in, you can barely see what the heck is going on up there, at the top of the short steps, before the storm cellar door opening.
You do NOT see Titus.
Gertie and Tom will see Titus if he gets close, though.
But the light isn't great, so they do not recognize him. No can he make out their faces.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
I was referring to the one Fild did 5 damage to with his short sword as he was trying to escape.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
alhoon wrote:I was referring to the one Fild did 5 damage to with his short sword as he was trying to escape.
Right. What I mean is that Fild is not sure which one it is. He cannot see. Stupid giant human and half elf standing in front of him.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
TITUS hasn't taken a full round of action yet. Just walked up a short distance and looked.
He may cast a spell, checked on the possibly dead/gravely wounded dude, attack to aid the lone defender, do something else. Whatever.
He may cast a spell, checked on the possibly dead/gravely wounded dude, attack to aid the lone defender, do something else. Whatever.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.
Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!
[dice]0[/dice]
Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!
[dice]0[/dice]
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- alhoon
- Invisible Menace

- Posts: 9082
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
- Location: Chania or Athens // Greece
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Run from a guy with leather armor and a stick? Pfft.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Noooo run from the one that arrived (doesn't know he is a cleric yet) and possible watch.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Dice gawds say no, it seems.VAN wrote:Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.
Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!
[dice]222415:0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Ok no worries can he still move so the otehrs can exit?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
He was going for that but they guy beat him on init and boxed him in.VAN wrote:Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.
Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!
[dice]222415:0[/dice]
Outnumbered, lightly armored, armed with a club, this dude won't back down.
Or hasn't yet,at least.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)

