POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Re: P N Elrod

Post by VAN »

NWP: Animal trining number of tasks: [dice]1[/dice]
NWP training Gem: Track[dice]0[/dice] Succeed
NWP training Gem: Guard and attack [dice]2[/dice] Succeed
NWP training Gem: Hunt [dice]4[/dice] Failed
NWP training Gem: Hide and attack [dice]3[/dice] Failed
NWP: training Gem: follow someone [dice]5[/dice] Succeed
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: P N Elrod

Post by alhoon »

Do you need a character sheet Ewan, or we can do that later before the game starts?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: P N Elrod

Post by Adam »

Is magical theory something that would have been covered at the University you mentioned? I think Alfonse could have studied there if so for his training. I see him as kind of a child of privilege who hasn't known a lot of hard times and may have gotten into the University as much based on the weight of his family's money than his true magical talent which, while present, is not exceptional.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Is magical theory something that would have been covered at the University you mentioned? I think Alfonse could have studied there if so for his training. I see him as kind of a child of privilege who hasn't known a lot of hard times and may have gotten into the University as much based on the weight of his family's money than his true magical talent which, while present, is not exceptional.
The University of Ferrantio is backed by the local aristocracy of that region (well north of Povero, maps to come later) in part because it provides an economic boost to a region otherwise in decline.
And while the University is not a practical school of magic (not like Hogwart's or the Scholomance), certainly there are texts on magical matters in the large library, and some sages and professors teaching or working there who have magical abilities.

So, yes, I think it all fits quite nicely.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Do you need a character sheet Ewan, or we can do that later before the game starts?
I'd like something in writing before play starts.

But you have time.

We are easing into this one.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: P N Elrod

Post by JMaytr »

Sounds fun...plus I miss communicating!
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Sounds fun...plus I miss communicating!
The amontillado!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4231
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm
Gender: Male
Location: WA (Land of lots of trees)
Contact:

Re: P N Elrod

Post by Zilfer »

Still hanging in there. Let me know if there's anything else I should do or can help with.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

You may:

Just wait


Write up additional stuff related to your character

Develop some short form setting material submissions. Feel free to write a little about where your character comes from, for example. You can make up a town, a small country, whatever. Just run it by me and I will suggest any modifications that make sense. Loads of detail is not necessary.
Guidelines are low to middle magic levels, most places are human dominated (by no means all), and the world echoes some elements of Old World Antiquity and Medieval periods. The early Renaissance stuff in Povero is the really advanced tech.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

Also feel free to make up some sayings, minor cults, and whatever else you like.

Again, everything to be included will get DM review. I am likely to say yes to anything that seems fun and isn't mood breaking or just wildly different than what I want to do.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4231
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm
Gender: Male
Location: WA (Land of lots of trees)
Contact:

Re: P N Elrod

Post by Zilfer »

ewancummins wrote:Also feel free to make up some sayings, minor cults, and whatever else you like.

Again, everything to be included will get DM review. I am likely to say yes to anything that seems fun and isn't mood breaking or just wildly different than what I want to do.
Alright sounds good. I did put a small brief description in my character sheet, however I hope to add more later. I guess I'll see about what I can think of.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, does anyone have questions?

I will be ready to start pretty soon.

My Birthright game may be coming to its final chapters ( this installment, anyway).
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

Sketch map of city showing major roads, neighborhoods, salient features coming soon.

We may assume midday arrival.

Climate resembles the northern parts of Italy.

Late summer/going into autumn is mild, pleasant weather.

I have assumed that the PCs travelled together for a while on the road. Some of you already had close ties, of course. But you will all begin play knowing one another's names and faces at the very least.
I suggest building some ties before play kicks off.
You had time to discuss plans, goals, interests, etc before you got here.

I am not going to give you all a mission. I only ask the group does have some sort of common purpose in mind.
That could be something like:

We were caravan guards. Now we are finishing out job. We want to enter the city together to see what opportunities we can find.

Or it could be you each have your own schemes, but have agreed to work together for the nonce. Maybe some experience on the road convinced you that was wise.

You guys figure it out
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace
Posts: 9082
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Chania or Athens // Greece

Re: P N Elrod

Post by alhoon »

Yeap! I have a couple of questions.
First, how much is my character's starting money?
Second, there are many sets of NWP. Which ones do we use?
Third, how about weapon proficiencies? Can we have specialty etc?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Re: P N Elrod

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Yeap! I have a couple of questions.
First, how much is my character's starting money?
Second, there are many sets of NWP. Which ones do we use?
Third, how about weapon proficiencies? Can we have specialty etc?

Money: it is rolled by class. Rogues (Theives and bards) roll 2d6 x10 gold pieces.
I do not charge for one set of clothing.

NWP: If you are playing a Thief, you can choose from General and Rogue lists at normal slot costs. Double slots for NWPs from other groups, like Wizard.

WP: restricted by class. Except warriors can learn anything.
ONLY fighters can specialize.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply