Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Question: Think I should ask Craig 'oh, by the by, ever heard of this little thing called the Shield of Ezra?'
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Note that someone still needs to go back and finish talking to Isolt, since she presumably has more information on her daughter's disappearance and Gilan's death? Not to mention someone should ask her about the Shield of Ezra.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Back! And Neo has made the excellent point that it might be useful to retcon/ferry Avram over to Lena and Craig's group, since I won't really have that much to do in our quarters after Cattia leaves on her investigation. Is that doable? I can edit my post if necessary, or just have Avram hike over there now.
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

NeoTiamat wrote:Note that someone still needs to go back and finish talking to Isolt, since she presumably has more information on her daughter's disappearance and Gilan's death? Not to mention someone should ask her about the Shield of Ezra.
All the females are occupied, and I worry about the possible repercussions if a man is found alone with her in her room. My vote is that Renhalt cracked off his Message spell before leaving the room, and included Isolt. That way they can continue the conversation without being in the same room.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

That's fine. It's just that Isolt is right now our strongest lead for information of all kinds, and it would really suck if she got lost in the shuffle of Craig's arrival.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

A couple of rulings on the message spell: first, we are sticking with the spell text--all messages must pass through the caster. So Isolt whispered to Renhalt who whispered to Cattia in the last relevant post. Second, all whispered messages (caster to targets and targets to caster) are potentially audible at a DC 25 perception check to anyone with or near the recipient of the message.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Sense Motive +23
[dice]0[/dice]

36! Let's have it.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Craig conceals it well (as you can see), but he was keeping very careful track of the sun's position relative to the horizon as he spoke with you. There is something uncanny, and even suspicious, about how aware he is of it.
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nerit »

Just a note -- still not dead, I plan to post after work tonight. Maybe I'll actually cast a spell *gasp*!
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Although really, he's been more than polite about the whole thing. I kind of feel bad about attacking him.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

MISCALCULATION eek! The Will save DC is 24, not 25 (since Tristen is a 4th, not a 5th, magnitude ghost).

Also, you guys are at the upper end of the listed level range for this adventure in 2e, and I have nerfed some of Tristen's abilities considerably, and those 2e writers were really something else when it came to killing off PCs.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I thought Tristen had 3E stats in the First Gaz?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

NeoTiamat wrote:I thought Tristen had 3E stats in the First Gaz?
He does, but the module is 2e. I am also not very satisfied with his canon 3e build, so he's a bit different here.
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Will save +12

[dice]0[/dice]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

I am coming down with a cold and cannot think straight. I apologize, will post ASAP.