Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Post by VAN »

Catherine looks at the throne where the body has disappeared.

"This is sinister place, so yes better hide the corpses and then try to see how we can leave alive from here..."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

As you open the door you look out into a bustling palace. It is already beautifully tidy and neat but it is being decorated, hundreds of lights are being lit, and servants are bustling about. The servants are dressed in loincloths and intricate jewellery of gold and enamel that must be worth a fortune. Knocking on the door was a handsome young man who bows deeply as the doors open.

"Good evening, good guests. The feast will be ready shortly. Perhaps you would like to..." his eyes flicker over your attire "freshen up?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine blinks as the scenario has changed before them in so little time. She turns to her companions and opens her mouth to say something but she regrets it and decides to save any comments for when they are alone.

Turning back to the young man Cathrine tries to mask her puzzlement and act normally.

"We can use sometime to freshen up before the feast, thank you very much."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon just nods in agreement. "I would agree with my friend. We need a bit of time to freshen up"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried gives Catherine and Saradon uneasy looks, as if to say, I dont like this, not one bit. He then waits for the boy to leave.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The young man bows

"I will conduct you to the baths my lords... my lady."

He politely invites the group to follow him.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine looks at the others and then smiles at the young man.

"Lovely, thank you very much. Can you tell us your name please? And a bit more about this place if possible. Nothing is better than a little history and sightseeing before the feast!"
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"I am Ahmose, my Lady"

The man bows and leads them to a sumptuous bathing suite just a few yards down the corridor. As servants bathe and refresh them he continues to speak... slightly muffled to Catherine as there is a heavy drape over the entrance to her side of the baths.

"This palace was begun by Son of Re Unas who built the older section that we are now in. It was expanded, decorated and made the chief residence of the Great Scepter by Son of Re Teti Beloved of Ptah, who built the northen extension and made most of the decorations you see today. The feast hall you will be entertained within is the newest addition, by Great of Scepter Daughter of Ra Nitiqreti. In fact it was finished just two days ago."

Emerging refreshed, you find robes of white linen and heavy gold jewelry has been laid out for you
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine listens carefully at the young man while they are walking among the corridors. Trying to know more details she asks:

"It's a really great palace Ahmose and you seem to know a lot about its history. Are there any customs we need to know before the feast and maybe couple of notes on who will be present there? There isn't anything worse of a guest making guffs while speaking, am I right!"
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

While Catherine charms out the history from Amhose, Seradon wearing the clean tunic, dons on his magical equipment and spell component pouch.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Falling afew steps behind Catherine and the boy, Helfried says quietly to Saradon,"Does this not seem oddly familiar to you? We have entered into a situation not unlike what occured beneith the trap door in the house in Paridon. I am sure of it. Have you been able to glean anything?"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

With a warm smile and a friendly voice (in order to avoid suspicion), Seradon whispers back to Helfried "It seems bizarre and eerily familiar with what happened in the cellar. I don't glimpse anything and I'm worried about our security as much as you are. Don't let your guard drop, be alert and keep an eye for possible exits." Seradon claps Helfried's shoulder with those words and chuckles as if sharing a private joke with the Falkovnian.
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The group is guided politely through the palace, and begins to descend a wide, sweeping staircase. Behind them they can hear the bustle of others arriving, and ahead is music and the sound of voices.

"Well the Daughter of Ra will be there, of course, and I believe all of the rebel lor... that is to say, all of the lords of the Path of Renewal as well. It is a council as well as a feast, but as foreign guests you don't need to worry about that."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

At mention of the Rebel lords, Seradon turn his gaze to Helfried and Cat. "I think we met with some servants of the Lords of Renewal the previous morning. We didn't catch their names though, it was a hasty meeting since we were on the move. We didn't have the time to stop and chatter" He says.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine nods.

"Yes, what the odds right! Can you tell us something more about them and the Daughter of the Ra before we go to freshen up and go the feast? We might be foreigners but we do want to be polite and know their names is important when we will address them."
- W H A T ! ? !