Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

If Yarek whirls on Marcel, doesn't that provoke an AoO from Richard?

I get the feeling that we could cure a lot of House Thott's ills with a constant PfE on Yarek.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I get the feeling we could've cured a lot of House Thott's ills if we'd let the Shadow murder Yarek earlier.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Isabella wrote:What's your spell list look like right now, Dan?
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=641973

I actually haven't used that much yet -- everything with a "1" next to it in the spell list is still game. Unless Feray *is* a demon according to that Religion check, I was thinking of throwing down a Prayer this turn for all-purpose buffing; I'll gin up a proper post when I get home from work tomorrow.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Drawing his weapon doesn't provoke and attacking doesn't provoke, so I don't think so? I wouldn't take it anyway due to the sunk cost fallacy of wasting all our spells to keep him alive, no matter how big a mistake this is provably turning out to be. :P

Hey Dan, forget Prayer, Protection from X EVERYTHING. You have two almost certainly possessed guys next to you who are going to stab you in the face otherwise. Alternatively a Dispel Magic at Yarek wouldn't go amiss!
Last edited by Isabella on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

What is the black #1 up near me on the combat map?
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ah, I always forget that turning in place does no provoke an AoO. Glad you guys have a better handle on that stuff.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I believe that is the psycho Rashemani druggie, Kage.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

NeoTiamat wrote:I believe that is the psycho Rashemani druggie, Kage.
HE'S COMING AFTER YOU KK BETTER RUN

Just kidding. He's making a beeline for Marcel at the moment.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Sleeping Tea
Class White
Type Ingested
Addiction DC: Minor Fort DC 10
Price: Cheap
Effects: 8 hours, -3 to Saving Throws vs. Sleep
Damage: 1d2 Dex
Sleeping Tea is a general name for any one of several common plants which, when steeped in boiling water, produce a kind of light, soporific effect. Most apothecaries will stock several varieties, and most Rashemani communities will have someone who can make it. It is, however, lightly addictive, and can be dangerous if you drink it in gallon quantities (so fine for most people, but every year there's some idiot who drinks twelve cups of Sleeping Tea and two bottles of Forfarian whiskey and dies).

Somnos Major
Class Grey (Licensed by the White Academy to medical practitioners only, though a skilled apothecary can make it on their own)
Type Ingested, Injected
Addiction DC: Moderate Fort DC 14
Price: Moderate
Effects: 8 hours, Fort DC 15 or fall asleep, -10 to Saving Throws vs. Sleep even on a successful save.
Damage: 1d6 Dex
Somnos Major is what happens when one takes the plants that are used in Sleeping Tea and uses chemical equipment to concentrate it dramatically. Physicians use it to cure severe cases of insomnia or nightmares, as one sip and most people are out like a light. Some criminals have tried to use it as a knock-out drug as well, but Somnos Major stinks to high heaven (it has a very bitter, alkaline scent to it, and an even stronger taste), and so this is rarely successful.

Uisge Beatha
Class Red
Type Ingested
Addiction DC: Moderate Fort DC 18
Price: Very Expensive
Effects: 2 hours, +2d4 Alchemical Bonus to Con, 5% chance of casting Resurrection if used on a corpse that is intact and dead no longer than 24 hours.
Damage: 1d4 Dex, 1d4 Wis
This is a Forfarian brew, the real 'water of life,' distilled with special mosses that can only be found in Forlorn. It's basically a whiskey, except strong and burning enough that the saying is that splashing it into the mouth of a corpse will bring even the dead back to life. This is (usually) false, but Uisge Beatha certainly supercharges the body's systems. Unfortunately, only a few Forfarian brewers produce it, and even then, not much.

Colu Beans
Class White
Type Inhaled
Addiction DC: N/A
Price: Moderate
Effects: 6 hours, +5 to Fort Saves vs. Respiratory attacks (Cloudkill and the like, or bronchitis)
Damage: 1d4 Int
Colu Beans are small, white beans grown mostly in northwestern Hazlan that are notorious for having a smell that can stun an ox. It's not a bad smell, exactly, just this extremely vivid, metallic scent. It's been found that mashing Colu Beans into a paste and then burning them produces a white smoke that, when inhaled, protects the lungs and respiratory system from damage. Physicians use them to heal respiratory ailments, though the strong metallic smell of the beans tend to provoke headaches.

Second Sight
Class Grey (Restricted for the use of the Inquisition, though certain Great Houses are able to obtain waivers and Hazlik ignores them thoroughly)
Type Injected (Special)
Addiction DC: Moderate Will DC 18
Effects: 2 hours, roll 1d4, Character gains 1 - Detect Magic, 2 - Detect Evil, 3 - Aura Read (+10 to Sense Motive), 4 - Super Senses (+10 to Perception)
Damage: 1d2 Con
Second Sight is a complex chemical compound produced using several rare plants, certain imported substances from Darkon, and tiny slivers of a dead spellcaster's brain to create an extremely powerful sense-enhancing drug, if also a somewhat random one. The Inquisition uses it to enhance agents who are going to get into trouble, but the compound is highly addictive, and it can only be injected directly into the eyeball (necessitating a Will DC 14 save to do so, or lose one's nerve). People who succumb to their addiction often destroy their eyes by accident.

Lucky Tea
Class Grey (A proprietary secret of certain Vikhlran and Lodges)
Type Ingested (Special)
Addiction DC: Moderate Fort DC 16
Effects: 24 hours, User gains 1 Hero Point that vanishes at the end of this period.
Damage: 1d8 Wis
Lucky Tea is a kind of diluted version of an Elixir of Luck, and only certain Rashemani know how to produce it. It clearly involves a great deal of magic, and not every Vikhlran knows the recipe. Still, Rashemani who are expected to go and do great and terrible things (A rare talk with a ranking Mulani, a marriage proposal, the destruction of a monster, self-immolation) may be given some 'special tea' to drink in very ritualized settings. Lucky Tea has no effect if not drunk in those settings, under the guidance of a Vikhlran.

Philtre Academe
Class Red
Type Ingested
Addiction DC: Minor Fort DC 12
Price: Expensive
Effects: 1 Hour, +1d4 Alchemical Bonus to Intelligence
Damage: 1d4 Wis, 1d2 Cha
Philtre Academe is a slightly bitter, alcoholic drink produced mostly in Richemulot and imported into Hazlan, though there are some local knock-offs as well (these are Moderate in cost but only offer a +1d2 Alchemical Bonus). Philtre Academe is prized for its ability to improve concentration and to stimulate the intellect, though it also creates a kind of obsessive tunnel-vision that often inhibits creative thinking, as well as causing the user to ramble on. It's extremely popular in the Red Academy, though overuse can leave one vulnerable to the toxic energies of that place.

Red Mist
Class Red
Type Inhaled
Addiction DC: Moderate Fort DC 14
Price: Expensive
Effects: 4 hours, user gains a +1 to Reflex Saves
Damage: 1d2 Con
These small bundles, containing certain pulverized roots, crystallized plant sap, and shellfish from the far east of Hazlan, have a popular reputation as an aphrodisiac in Hazlan. Essentially, if the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, then inhaling the rich, crimson smoke that is produced when these bundles are burned helps. Of course, it does put a great deal of stress on the heart.

Frenzy
Class Grey (Restricted by Great House law to Mulani only -- any Rashemani found with Frenzy is sent to the Tables)
Type Injected
Addiction DC: Severe Fort DC 20
Effects: 4 hours, User gains +2d6 Alchemical Bonus to Str, +2d4 Alchemical Bonus Dex, and +2d4 Alchemical Bonus to Con
Damage: 1d4 Int, 1d4 Wis, 1d4 Cha
Frenzy is a cocktail of drugs that when injected flood the user's body with adrenaline, painkillers, and steroids, resulting in an immediate increase in physical prowess of all sorts. Even a mild-mannered clerk, injected with Frenzy, can rip apart a wolf with his bare hands. The drug is extremely addictive and has serious negative health effects, and anyone addicted to it usually dies in a manner of months from their body giving out. The Mulani do not like the idea of Rashemani getting their hands on Frenzy.

The Thousand-Fold Mirror
Class Black
Type Ingested
Addiction DC: Severe Will DC 20
Effects: 6 hours, +2d6 Alchemical Bonus to Intelligence, +20 Alchemical Bonus to Percetion, Special (See Below)
Damage: 1d8 Con
The Thousand-Fold Mirror (also called 'Argus') is a small, blue flower the size of a man's little finger, that only grows above the grave of an Arcane spellcaster and only flowers on the full moon. If plucked and preserved, Argus can be turned into a tea, which serves as an extremely powerful mind-expanding drug. Essentially, the imbiber of the Thousand-Fold Mirror is somehow linked in to the collective minds of everyone around them, and is capable of 'borrowing' tiny slivers of their mind to enhance his own (think of it as a server borrowing processing power, to us anachronistic terms). The user becomes vastly more intelligent and perceptive, capable of multitasking to an inhuman degree. The Thousand-Fold Mirror is banned by both church and state, ostensibly because the great intellect granted by Argus is tainted and evil. A more plausible explanation is that in the process of borrowing others' minds, the Argus-user occasionally gets flashes of their memories, always things considered deeply secret or private (though rarely with context). Neither Autark nor Paave is comfortable with that idea.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Well if we keep her busy long enough maybe she'll kill herself with her own weapons, guys. :roll:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Battle post now under assembly--map to come later.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Wife is sick, all is in chaos, ARGH

Post...I dunno when, probably later today?
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I feel you, Nathan. In our house, too, when Mommy gets sick, everything goes to hell. :( I'm sick right now--third time in three weeks--and I will go to elaborate lengths to prevent my wife from catching it.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Now I am not feeling well. Will post when I can, watch this space.