Hollow Pregnancy?

Discussing all things Ravenloft

What'll Come out?

Nothing. If you don't have a soul, meaning you can't be raised, resurrected, etc. how can you create new life?
13%
Fiendish offspring. The children are being produced by the outsider rather than the "human" woman."
63%
Something else.
25%

Total votes: 16

Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hollow Pregnancy?

Post by Alastor »

Maybe the baby is the incarnation of its mother that was switched into the fetus instead of forced into the outer planes.
I would like this idea a lot if the mother was suffering from a "normal" transposition, but if she has no soul, what is it that would be passed on to the child?
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Alastor wrote:
Maybe the baby is the incarnation of its mother that was switched into the fetus instead of forced into the outer planes.
I would like this idea a lot if the mother was suffering from a "normal" transposition, but if she has no soul, what is it that would be passed on to the child?
It was more of an original idea, I was just pitching things. If you look at the original, it was like the last of like four ideas. Really figuring that out, I would need to know more about conception and compare that to the transpossession time. This is also assuming the Dark Powers allow this only to keep the pc in Ravenloft and not get destroyed quick and easy in the Outer Planes. It is the Home Alone principle. Its not fun if they die, its fun when they suffer!
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Sathien
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sathien »

Loving all the ideas here. However, I do plan on her delivering something, and there will be two kids from the result.

For those curious about rules, I used an amalgam of "Mistfinder" 3.x materials, with more realistic firearms rules from one of the Netbooks on here.