some questions

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mangrum
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: some questions

Post by Mangrum »

I need a reminder: Where does it say that Richemulot has no poverty?
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

I don't think it's the no poverty i think it's just the having a "free house" where there are plenty of empty ones that you could just walk through the city and find one you like and say "this is my house" and it's yours was the impression I was getting from it. Though that doesn't mean people aren't poor or anything like that. Just not homeless. <.< or the homeless always have a place to shuffle off into.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

"Both detitute poverty and decadent opulence are rare sights in the realm." is what I was looking at, though looking through the book made me realize i was wrong in my thoughts. I learn stuff everyday :)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

"Rare sights" doesn't have to mean they don't exist, just that they're not seen out in public all the time. With so many vacant homes to squat in, it's possible that the poorest residents only come out in the open when the streets are empty of better-off folks, or when a servant of the well-to-do passes though their neighborhood, looking to hire unskilled laborers.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow