Ideas for a new campaign. Druid Dark lord.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ideas for a new campaign. Druid Dark lord.

Post by cure »

Five wrote:Wait now. Can a sinkhole be a Dark Lord?
The pocket domain of house stuck territorially within the confines of Borca is, as I recall a haunted house that is itself a darklord.
The cure for what ails you
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The House of Lament, yeah.

Also, the Ravenloft DMG discusses the idea of a Phantasmagoria, a sinkhole that achieves sentience. The House of Lament could probably be reclassified as one of those who became a darklord.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
MichaelTumey
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MichaelTumey »

There's the old 2e Druids Handbook that featured a Lost Druid. These were druids who felt the extent of human civilization should be small villages living close to nature and that anything urban is an anaethma to the natural order. These druids would work with chaotic evil races in an effort to curtail and/or destroy the cities of the world. I could see a druid of this order turned to dark agendas leading to revolts against the government, terrorism and other activities.

I had a Lost Druid who visited a city to be a rabble-rouser against urbanization, but brought ire from the local gendarmes and was captured and thrown into a dungeon - and forgotten. He went mad. When he was finally released, he became a homeless wino living in the squallor of the fallen parts of the city becoming friends with the other homeless inhabitants, feral pets and vermin of the city. Though he might give aid to a runaway child, most of his activities involved waylaying government people, bringing about erosion, fires, sabotage - anything to break down the effectiveness to the city. Perhaps not a 'dark lord' per se, I could see this kind of druid having a dark domain within a ghetto environment.
scienceBorg
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by scienceBorg »

Curious how this is going. I think one of the 3.5 books had a blight Druid class that betrays nature.
Looking for contributions for Alternate Prime Worlds and Alternate Multiverses - would love to see any ideas people have for either!