The Shattered City: OOC
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Will the Ice Queen/Duchess wait long enough for Lia to use the ritual that summons magical horses? Because I'd like everyone to travel in style, rather than pretend to be luggage. 
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
How long does the ritual take 
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Ten minutes.
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Good evening everyone, or good morning to some of you.
I won’t belabor the point. Eight months ago, we thought Shattered City was doing poorly, and had a State of the Game discussion to try and figure out how to improve it. Two months ago, I did some serious number crunching on post-rates, and asked where we should go from here. Almost unanimously, the players indicated that they wanted to continue the campaign, give it one last try. Since then, despite the DMs’ best efforts, the posting for SC-B5 has pretty much died off completely. We’ve got half the post-rate we had in Book 4, and a third of that is from the single combat.
It’s time to admit that Shattered City needs to be laid to rest. With that in mind, I’m going to push the game forward towards a final, climactic battle, in hopes of giving the Eye of Anubis and the Shattered City duology one last hurrah. And that, as they say, will be that.
It’s been fun playing with you guys and gals over the last three years, and hopefully we can wrap up on a bang instead of a whimper.
I won’t belabor the point. Eight months ago, we thought Shattered City was doing poorly, and had a State of the Game discussion to try and figure out how to improve it. Two months ago, I did some serious number crunching on post-rates, and asked where we should go from here. Almost unanimously, the players indicated that they wanted to continue the campaign, give it one last try. Since then, despite the DMs’ best efforts, the posting for SC-B5 has pretty much died off completely. We’ve got half the post-rate we had in Book 4, and a third of that is from the single combat.
It’s time to admit that Shattered City needs to be laid to rest. With that in mind, I’m going to push the game forward towards a final, climactic battle, in hopes of giving the Eye of Anubis and the Shattered City duology one last hurrah. And that, as they say, will be that.
It’s been fun playing with you guys and gals over the last three years, and hopefully we can wrap up on a bang instead of a whimper.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Yeah, I guess we could see this coming.
Awright! One last hurrah! On to the Bastille! Er, I mean, the Palace of Justice!
Awright! One last hurrah! On to the Bastille! Er, I mean, the Palace of Justice!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Damn it. Fine. I saw it coming earlier today anyway.
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
*sigh* I feel very sad right now.
I ask but one thing: that once we've finished the climactic battle, you tell me what the original planning was.
On a sidenote: I went "Glk!" when I read that Night Terror had become someone's vassal in your recent post, Neo!
That was funny!
I ask but one thing: that once we've finished the climactic battle, you tell me what the original planning was.
On a sidenote: I went "Glk!" when I read that Night Terror had become someone's vassal in your recent post, Neo!
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
We can chat in AIM about it. The Night-Terror thing was prepped all the way back in a cutscene at the end of Book Eight of EoA, a long time ago. You never know when you might need a four-armed demon-gargoyle.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
I'll see YOU in AIM, Neo, WINKWINK.
O.o
O.o
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
...do you have something in your eye, Nerit? 
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Ah, well, all's well that ends that way, I suppose. Count me in for whatever the next awesome project ends up being! In the meantime, consider me happy to help bring this beast to a fitting conclusion.
(If it is not implied that Celeste gets happily married off at some point during or after the epilogue, I may injure something.)
(If it is not implied that Celeste gets happily married off at some point during or after the epilogue, I may injure something.)
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Aye lets finish this off with the mother of all bangs...
I am honestly sad its going, but I'm one of the worst offenders in posting. I'll be honest I just don't really have the time for it these days (which officially sucks).
Dammit but its been a blast.
I am honestly sad its going, but I'm one of the worst offenders in posting. I'll be honest I just don't really have the time for it these days (which officially sucks).
Dammit but its been a blast.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Those folks who wish to actually summon/recruit/acquire some kind of allies should either get in touch with me for a side-RP, or let me know if they are in fact heading out so I can move them over in-thread. (I vote for Nicolas to visit Athene. It will be hilarious, if he survives).
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
I'll be hilarious even if he doesn't survive.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
NT, will you be available for side-RP tomorrow? I waited around today, but you seemed to be out. ^^
