The Shattered City: OOC
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Happy new year!
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Yes, Happy New Year one and all.
Well, I will have to say that the responses are not what I was expecting to get, based on the earlier chat conversations. (Myself I'd have voted for a fresh start). Still, rather flattering, I have to say. Hopefully I can justify all this faith in the GMs floating around.
Alright then! Shattered City will continue with its regularly scheduled plot, and since people look to be done with talking to Perrine, we will move on to Book Five tomorrow night, hopefully! The goal will be a shorter, snappier book, so let's see if we can't start off the New Year's with a bang, eh?
On a different note, I know that people are having Real Life issues in all their various sorts, so I will fully understand if some people want to take an extended vacation or even retire from Shattered City due to time constraints or RL issues. You needn't worry about the rest of us, apparently SC has a wait-list.
Thanks for all the support, and hope you guys enjoy Book Five!
Well, I will have to say that the responses are not what I was expecting to get, based on the earlier chat conversations. (Myself I'd have voted for a fresh start). Still, rather flattering, I have to say. Hopefully I can justify all this faith in the GMs floating around.
Alright then! Shattered City will continue with its regularly scheduled plot, and since people look to be done with talking to Perrine, we will move on to Book Five tomorrow night, hopefully! The goal will be a shorter, snappier book, so let's see if we can't start off the New Year's with a bang, eh?
On a different note, I know that people are having Real Life issues in all their various sorts, so I will fully understand if some people want to take an extended vacation or even retire from Shattered City due to time constraints or RL issues. You needn't worry about the rest of us, apparently SC has a wait-list.
Thanks for all the support, and hope you guys enjoy Book Five!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
For the record, the PCs are still Level 8. I'll level you guys up after the battle.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Folks, invest in Improved Initiative when you do level up. You will not regret it.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Wheeeeeeeee 12. Have fun being more productive than me, folks!
- yalenusveler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
And with a 15, I join team "Not acting just yet!"
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble
. 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?
NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Initiative of 7. I actually rolled a one. :-\
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Initiative 20
umm wasn't prepared for that so will post a little later today
umm wasn't prepared for that so will post a little later today
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Whoops. I'll fix that after breakfast. (I just copied-and-pasted the prior PC list, but Nerit was on hiatus then. My bad!)Nerit wrote:Oh, snap. Nerit's in trouble. 16 Init. I guess she'll do what she does best--talk. Should I wait for your next post, GMs?
NOTE: Shouldn't Nerit be on the list of PCs?
Also, feel free to talk! Talking is a free action, after all.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Well, I used up all my luck last chapter 
I rolled a 1 and then used a reroll and got a 2.
On the other hand, I suppose there's nowhere to go but up on the luck chain. Good luck, Nefu!
I rolled a 1 and then used a reroll and got a 2.
On the other hand, I suppose there's nowhere to go but up on the luck chain. Good luck, Nefu!
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
The answer to all questions is Grimmric. 
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Neo, unless these are special grabs, escape is one of the following checks:
Acrobatics vs. Reflex OR
Athletics vs. Fortitude
See page 288
If they are special grabs (or in other special circumstances where normal rules don't apply), could you please note that so there is less confusion!
Acrobatics vs. Reflex OR
Athletics vs. Fortitude
See page 288
If they are special grabs (or in other special circumstances where normal rules don't apply), could you please note that so there is less confusion!
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
These are not special grabs! Kage is correct, I just read the rules too fast.
*goes to edit*
*goes to edit*
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
