The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Okay. Okay.

I can:
A) Run like an idiot and hope my Athletics check is high enough to keep up with that bloody mog. I'm not liking those chances, myself. :-\
B) Use Dimension Door to teleport myself ahead of the mog, which is sure-fire. Downside, I can only cast it once a day, and I probably won't do too well balancing on a ledge. Upside, I have something that will stop me from falling to my actual death, so that's okay. (Safewing amulet.)
C) Fire at the mog again. I can do that. However, it doesn't appear to be taking any real damage, and so I have to question the usefulness of firing spells that might be useful against any minions the mog has here. Still, I could potentially knock it off its perch and gain those of us with running skills valuable ground. If you guys want me to try, I'm game.
D) Do something ridiculous and highly dangerous in an effort to save Thierri's life. Not going into details right now.
E) This only if the DM allows it: Use Mage Hand in an attempt to grab the bag the box is in off the mog's back. If NT okays this, I feel strongly about it. ^^

What say you, fellow adventurers? Any preferences from your side?
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I have no special abilities that are relevant to healing Thierri, and that sounds like it's definitely the best way to start. So I guess that means the first step is for you, YV.

I don't know if we can get more bonuses to the Heal checks by making more Arcana/Religion checks; with the +2 from Kerrian's advice (thanks YV!) in play Mercator's Heal bonus will be +11, which is not so very encouraging for a DC of at least 25. What do my fellow would-be healers think?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:I have no special abilities that are relevant to healing Thierri, and that sounds like it's definitely the best way to start. So I guess that means the first step is for you, YV.

I don't know if we can get more bonuses to the Heal checks by making more Arcana/Religion checks; with the +2 from Kerrian's advice (thanks YV!) in play Mercator's Heal bonus will be +11, which is not so very encouraging for a DC of at least 25. What do my fellow would-be healers think?
You can get more bonuses from Religion/Arcana checks, up to a maximum of +6.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Well, that's my option F, right there.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by NeoTiamat »

Rock wrote:D) Do something ridiculous and highly dangerous in an effort to save Thierri's life. Not going into details right now.
As a note, by chasing the cat, Lia has put herself fairly far away from Thierri, at absolute minimum, you'd need to spend as many turns going back as you spent chasing the cat (so your next turn would be just "Lia turns around and goes back")
Rock wrote:E) This only if the DM allows it: Use Mage Hand in an attempt to grab the bag the box is in off the mog's back. If NT okays this, I feel strongly about it. ^^
You can try, but if you do so, roll Mage Hand as though it were an Intelligence attack roll (as we'd done with the phoenix). Fair warning, this would be extremely difficult, given that Your Friend has telekinetic powers of his own, the box is securely attached, and Mage Hand is not really an attack spell. It's possible, but I'd call it a (Very High DC)
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Back to Plan "Blast the Hell out of the Enemy and let the Archaeologists sort 'em out", it is!
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Rex will have a pretty good handle on things, too. His Acrobatics is Very Good and it should be easy enough for him to make a medium DC.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Nerit »

We are way closer to kitty than we are saving Terry...
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by lostboy »

Soo then a potion of healing isn't going to work either then?

Well Nicolas can chip in arcana and heal checks but he's fairly pants at healing. Is Inspire Competence gone btw?

Alternatively is Therri's lost hit points considered an attack? If so can I use Chord of Resilience or the Daily Power on a shield of protection to mitigate some of it?

Only other thing I can think of is to give Thierri Nicolas' amulet of Protection, but not sure if that will have any effect either...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by The Whistler »

Breaking News: Celeste is going to attempt to harness the Power of Love and Diplomacy the poor fellow into waking up. Will post sometime before tomorrow afternoon, I think!

CRUCIAL REFERENCE MATERIAL:
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Here for a second I thought you were referring to Sailor Moon.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by The Whistler »

Posting late tonight or earlyish tomorrow!
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Nerit »

So, once we get back to the Chateau...anyone want to talk to Perrine? I'm not sure when the chapter ends.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I rolled an insight check of 12. Forgive me for not posting right now; work wiped me out today.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Post by lostboy »

Right its official (at least for me) Merry Christmas everyone!
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Post Reply