What/Who are you going to be for Halloween?

Books, movies, television and everything else
LadySoth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

What/Who are you going to be for Halloween?

Post by LadySoth »

Anyone have any special costume ideas or plans? Always thought it would be great to have a RLoft Cosplay session for All Hallow's . . .
~ L A D Y S O T H ~

"I rule out nothing. Nor, I imagine, do you."
"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside . . . "
"Hail Strahd, Lord of Barovia!"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: What/Who are you going to be for Halloween?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'm going to be something extremely frightening:

The frazzled looking man walking behind Princess Aurora, Tinkerbell, and a dog in a squirrel suit.

Beware! .... Take care..... BEWARE!!!!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

Blue Demon!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

An old grandfather handing out candy to trick-or-treaters at the door.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I don't have much time to prepare for Halloween this year, so I think I'll recycle one of my older costumes.

I'll be going as Anton Chigurh, the antagonist from No Country For Old Men.

I have a prop shotgun, and I can reconstruct a prop silencer for it using spray paint, duct tape, a flashlight, and a 22 oz. beer can. I may not have time to reconstruct his cattlegun door breacher. I have a jacket that's similar to his, and dark clothing.

Hair wise, I had a haircut earlier in the month, so I'll have to go with a wig for this one. I might buy one if I can get my hands on it.

If I had more time, I think I would have gone as Chell from the video game Portal.

I'm not as skinny as she is, but she has a fairly masculine face and I could have easily picked up an orange jumpsuit from a Halloween store. Making the Portal gun would take too long though, although I hear you can get good quality mathematical nets for making the Weighted Companion Cube from the Internet.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

I was going to go as a brain dead zombie, but then I turned on the evening news and saw that most people are that. And they aren't even in costumes! :D

Seriously, though. I'm not dressing up. I, uh, learned the hard way that folks don't appreciate my sense of ironic humor.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
LadySoth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by LadySoth »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:
Seriously, though. I'm not dressing up. I, uh, learned the hard way that folks don't appreciate my sense of ironic humor.
Haha, yeah I've had that happen to me too. Last year I dressed up as "Swine Flu" (a pig in a doctor's outfit/scrubs and a surgical mask) and ended up winning a contest, but my coworkers, who'd probably always thought I was a bit strange anyway, were then completely put off by me. It was fantastic. Funny though, several people didn't understand what I was: I got guesses ranging from "are you one of the pig guys from Twilight zone" to "are you the bad guy from Saw". It was quite funny and timely, because it was Halloween fell literally the week after the store manager had put in hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the store, and notices on how to prevent the flu. This year, the strangest thing in the news seems to be Lady Gaga, and who wants to dress up like her? :roll:

HMB, I like your costume idea. I think its so cool when people put thought and effort into their costumes. Would love to see a pic of it when you have it all put together! I've spent way too much money the year getting together a V for Vendetta costume, but it should be fun. :)
~ L A D Y S O T H ~

"I rule out nothing. Nor, I imagine, do you."
"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside . . . "
"Hail Strahd, Lord of Barovia!"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

LadySoth wrote:Haha, yeah I've had that happen to me too. Last year I dressed up as "Swine Flu" (a pig in a doctor's outfit/scrubs and a surgical mask) and ended up winning a contest, but my coworkers, who'd probably always thought I was a bit strange anyway, were then completely put off by me.
Yeah, I think I confused everyone at work that time I wore my "The Maxx" costume. Didn't help that the mask muffled my voice so that no one could understand my answer to "what are you supposed to be?" :/
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Over a decade ago, when I was still slim and young enough to pull it off, I dressed up as a girl for the occasion. Wig of jaw-length hair, fully made up face, and tape under the decolletage to give the impression of a bosom.

Massive success.

The schoolmaster who ran the boarding house (and thus who by implication lived in the same household as me 24/7) failed to recognize who I was when I walked past. He stood there with an expression of faint bemusement and his eyes slightly crinkled.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

What is it about guys in drag that is just so hilarious? Well, not including Lady Gaga (or whatever s/he is). I remember in HS in my media critique class we watched Some Like It Hot; funniest movie ever. Of course it's not so funny if you find yourself attracted to said guy in drag...and find out it's a GUY! :shock: I don't get out enough for that to have happened to me personally, but I've heard an awful lot of stories from buddies and seen the all too common reaction: walking like Frankenstein, neck pulled taut with tension, and that look of "dear God! I need a bath...in boiling bleach."

If I had the physique of someone who surfs Waikiki rather than someone who surfs the Net all day, maybe I'd dress up as a woman just for the shock value. "I might not be a woman, but I am a lady." - The Drew Carrey Show
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I am seriously thinking of going as Dr Orpheus and even talking like him!
DasSoviet
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DasSoviet »

I'm going as Canadian politician Michael Ignatieff... I've been going as iconic politicians over the past 4 years. Went as Obama last year, McCain the year before, and Stephen Harper in 2007.

Yes, yes I'm weird as hell. :wink:
Greetings, Citizens! A reminder: Happiness is mandatory. Those not enjoying themselves shall find themselves terminated.