The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Jesus, these things pass out dazed like cheap, poisoned Halloween candy.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Mmmmm candy.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

So, is there any point to making Arcana/Religion/Nature checks now that the pool has popped? Or is it time to sweep up the leftovers and then head for the exit?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Heads up, just had last minute noticiaction Im off on a work trip to Greece & Turkey on Tuesday for a week. I think I'll have web access but not sure how much chance I'll get to post, but Im guessing the major chunk of the battle is over anyway (unless Neo is just as sadistic as I expect of him... :) )
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Argh! I11! I'd meant I11! Ah well, I'll take my lumps...ditto on Nathan's question, though. Does the pool still hurt?
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

The mist is still causing pain and suffering, yes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:So, is there any point to making Arcana/Religion/Nature checks now that the pool has popped? Or is it time to sweep up the leftovers and then head for the exit?
Well, the ritual has gone kaput, so no more checks to shore it up now. THe mist, on the whole, looks like it's expanding, and in general things seem to be leading towards a miniature arcane meltdown.

Whether you want to run for the hills or try and think up some last-ditch method to stop it is up to you.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

I vote for running very quickly based on that revelation, unless anyone has a patented mist containment device we arent aware of?

On another and far more important note good luck to all you american types for this evening's ball and foot related action.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

You can't be serious, lostboy. We're American! (You have to have seen John Oliver on the Daily Show to get that one.)
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

uck lets forget that ever happened...

Right where were we with the mist?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Plan A is bust.

The best possible plan b I could get is "knock the roof down', which means we need those Wraiths dead and to be near the exit.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Soooo...if there is one thing I have taken from this fight, it is that I need better defense if I want to have a long and successful career as a tank and damage-sponge. Right now I have panther spirit leather armor +1 and a brooch of shielding (no daily power, just the resist force 5 and +1 to non-AC defenses). Any suggestions for additions/upgrades?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

We are going to be honest here... Darius was miserably unlucky.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Well, yes, there is a limit to what one can do to protect against critical hits (and I believe Darius took three in that fight, which is crazy).

Also crazy--Darius has now taken 165 hit points of damage in this fight. Which is exactly enough to kill him once (99) and then knock him unconscious again (66). If he really were a panther I guess he would have burned through one of those nine lives by now.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Just so you know I have nothing against you, I own a vorpal sword in the game I am playing in on the side, and was just as unhappy I wasted all those twenties on Darius! :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Post Reply