The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

The reason is because the character is Half Buried, which has the same effect as Prone and Immobilized, but isn't actually Prone and Immobilized. The way we read it is that the Prone is a condition on the "Half Buried (Save Ends)". The afflicted character doesn't fall prone, they simply are prone as part of the condition. Since that condition is a save ends effect, standing up doesn't make them not half-buried; so, even if they "stood up" they would still technically be prone.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Whistler's post actually reminds me. If you're attacking Anne-Marie, or any insubstantial foe for that matter, you don't have to do the divide-by-two calculation yourself, but if you do, make sure you make a note of it somewhere in your post. Otherwise, if it's just a straight damage number, then I divide it by two once I get around to logging it in the combat update.

Also, I am amused by Celeste. She is great.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Point taken, and thank you! It's sort of difficult to come up with an *accidental* way that a ghost can take thunder damage, in the middle of an open field, in clear weather. :)

Also, I forgot to mention: in case Anne Marie has resistance to thunder damage, the attack she's just suffered will bypass 5 points of that.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

As Lia is in the circle I'll save the Majestic Word for now, that ok Rock?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Hmm at a bit of a loss as what to do, I can either concentrate on knocking a few hps off AM (which seems a little pointless) or I can use Impelling Force and try and slide the southern grave weird over to where Darius, Katja and Cyrus can hit it. Alternatively I can chuck something at it to reduce its ability to either defend or attack.

Thoughts?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

That could work if you can get it over to us. Cyrus and Katja are slowed this turn so we can't move very far.

My only other real option is to fire a laser at Ghost Hussy.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

*raises hand* I'm fine with not getting the Word this round, but would like to request that everyone who can take a shot at the ghost does so. Ghosts can be a fair sight trickier to defeat than psychopathic elementals. This request is in no way inspired by having a bucket of water upended over Lia's head. I really just want to be rid of the ghostly opposition as soon as possible - I recall the one in Har Akir too well.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

A few things,

We know the magic circle is effective against the Weirds, but we can't be sure it will do anything against AM. Someone good at Religion or Arcana might want to try to see if we can know for sure.

Based on how much punishment it takes to kill them and the fact that they spent action points, I'm pretty sure the hounds are elite. While its possible AM is also an elite, I doubt it.

Since you didn't use your minor action this round for anything else Rock, you probably want to keep sustaining the icy hand. Just in case.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Erk. >_< Almost forgot! I'll edit it in right now.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

I really don't have a chance of hitting the weird with my melee basic unless I roll a 18. It would be nice if there were some way to use main attack stats for AoOs. Even if my AoO would kill the thing, I'm not gonna waste rerolls trying to get a 18.
As a matter of fact there is, but it requires spending a feat. It's called Melee Training and it's in the PHB2. You choose an ability score, any ability score, and replace Strength with it when using a weapon you are proficient with, both for attacks and damage rolls.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

You don't need to be proficient with the weapon, but it does only apply to melee basic attacks which opportunity attacks are unless its Kerrian.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Identification/Analysis checks on the Grave Weirds:

Arcana: 31.

Religion: 24.

Kindly gimme the lore. ^^
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Neo what time are you posting?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I may have to take that feat, then. Being a melee character with a crap basic attack roll is pretty bad.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:Neo what time are you posting?
It'll depend on how many people have posted, but I'm hoping later tonight, before I go to bed (at around 11:30 EST, which is a bit over seven hours from now).

Rock, you want lore? Well, coming right up!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply