Chapter 2 Review
I know this is late, so I'm going to put blindfolders on and try to answer these without influence from others' reviews. If it seems off-kilter it's because of my strange short-term memory. I had to scroll back through the chapter while writing this

.
Story & Plot - 2 RT
What you thought of the hook: If you mean Cedolin hacking up a fountain of blood, why, it's a million times better than Stephenie Meyer's
Breaking Dawn! (If you don't know what I mean, feel lucky.)
...the pace: Better than the first chapter, though it felt longer? My sense of time is warped. I was surprised by the reverberating climaxes (finding Anne-Marie/Richard and Poincare encounter). Half of my Creative Writing self says "That's not a proper arc!" and the other half says "f--- the arch!" Hmm. The Anne-Marie scene might be heightened in my mind because of my character.
...the direction: I have to say I was a little embarrassed by the attention on my character after stating that I had not felt much concern or connection to the first chapter. However, it was effective. I am looking forward to certain things! There are unanswered questions carried over from the first chapter, the dead anchorites, the city's remaining insanity, and Richard's health, among outstanding plotlines. I do hope all these will be addressed and explored in the future.
...the cutscenes: YES.
...the surprising and/or shiny spectacles: ALSO YES. I enjoy the creep factor. This is Ravenloft, after all. Don't play if you don't want creepy. I have my limits but you're nowhere near 'em. Now, if you had a puke monster, I would vehemently complain.
...the NPCs, their involvement and their characterizations (etc): I do so love the Blackwoods, and Cerise, and Thierri. I hate the Marquis in a good way, he creeps me out and causes suspicion. Anne-Marie was also quite intriguing. Mirror-Lady was fascinating, I'm in love with whatever the hell you're doing, you jerks. I was especially impressed with Poincare, who, while coming out of nowhere, was nicely humanized at the end of our combat. I suppose there are a few NPCs I could care less about, like the foul-mouthed aristocrat part of the group went to. To each one's own.
Combat - 2 RT
What you thought of the pace of the first combat: Of course I missed the first part of it, so I can't say too much. I think I had two turns total in this one.
...of the difficulty: It seemed others were more worried than necessary, but a few of us did get pretty low in HP. It's definitely not the heroic fight, I think, in which we come out on the top of a pile of corpses waving our swords in triumph.
...of the tactics and strategies involved: Interesting, not my forte. Tiles were freaky. People need to not use up all their dailies fighting mage lights, ahem.
What you thought of the pace of the second combat: I was a little surprised how close together the combats were. This one came suddenly and lasted awhile.
...of the difficulty: Definitely difficult. I've never almost-died before in D&D! With the difficult terrain and constant random debuffs, people who needed help, and two bosses, I found it hard to stay on top of everything.
...of the tactics and strategies involved: While I understand I was a squishy heading right into the fray, I was miffed that I was getting blamed for a high Initiative roll. If no one had done anything in the opportunity turn, I thought it would be wasted.
General - 2 RT
What you enjoyed: The intrigue! It's also nice to see so many illustrations for RP, all around. I am always pleased with my side-RPs, to note, and wish I had time for more. I know, I'm silly.
What you want to see improved (and how): I personally would like more straightforward (i.e. less complex) combat, but I know there are more adept types who want the challenge. The number of participants too affects what kind of fights we can do. With ~8 PCs, we're practically a gang.
Any other comments: Even though I read everything I can, part of my problem is keeping up with the intricacies coming and going with school and real life, you know? Like a tv show you miss for a few weeks, it can take awhile to re-gather all the important pieces of the story to make a cohesive present to roleplay on. Then again, I believe the GMs already see me as rather scatter-brained.