The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Lostboy, since you didn't move, you might as well stabilize against the ice.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

ah right, ok well your on my list next turn then.. :oops:
Lostboy, since you didn't move, you might as well stabilize against the ice.
Noted and sorted with a 19 for a healthy +6 :)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax, I don't count multiple Slowed (Save Ends), seperately. You've got one condition, if you save against it, you're golden. (Otherwise Nicolas would never get de-slowed).

Nathan, are you quite sure about your last roll? I'm looking at my email and it says "Lightning Lure +13, 1 20-sided dice were rolled. The total die roll is 10" which comes out to 23 to hit, which does hit the Weird's Fort 22. Somewhere between my inbox and your post the attack roll dropped by 4. Am I missing something here?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

NeoTiamat wrote:Cronax, I don't count multiple Slowed (Save Ends), seperately. You've got one condition, if you save against it, you're golden. (Otherwise Nicolas would never get de-slowed).
Word of explanation. I hadn't realized they stacked earlier, so some people have gotten a free ride there. Since starting to enforce it now would be a bit unfair to people, you guys get a break this battle.

Later on we will be following the stacking of (save ends) effects.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

NeoTiamat wrote:Nathan, are you quite sure about your last roll? I'm looking at my email and it says "Lightning Lure +13, 1 20-sided dice were rolled. The total die roll is 10" which comes out to 23 to hit, which does hit the Weird's Fort 22. Somewhere between my inbox and your post the attack roll dropped by 4. Am I missing something here?
I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:nah I used 2 re-rolls to hit a turret back on page 30....what was I thinking....???

Hey just a thought but wjat kind of action does making a heal chekc on Tomas count as? If its a minor I can grant him another save if I make it....

*edit* forget it, its a standard action
Fixed that mistake. Also gave you +3 RT for honesty, so you've just enough RT for a reroll now, should you feel you need one.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

+1 for Heavy Blade Expertise.
You should look into retraining that with Focused Expertise: Longsword.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Woo hoo! Nice swing, Kage.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I am out of range of any enemy and have no Move turn. Who should I heal?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Healing Word has a range of 5, you can hit Lia, Kerrian or Yourself. One more slip on the ice and Nerit goes down. You need to heal yourself.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

So do we want to take Poincare back alive, or what? I feel like she's due for some interrogation, though that's just my preference
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm all for taking her alive. We need more information.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.
In Nicholas case his songblade scimitar is both a weapon and an implement, do I then ad the proficency bonus to any use of it as an implement as well? If I do Ive been under rolling every time I think.

For a Cha power with an implment keyword Nicholas standard attack would be:

3 (1/2 lvl) + 4 (Cha) + 2 (magic weapon) + 1 (implment expertise - heavy blades) + 2 (proficiency) = 12

Is that right?

Oh and thanks for the 3RT
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:
I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.
In Nicholas case his songblade scimitar is both a weapon and an implement, do I then ad the proficency bonus to any use of it as an implement as well? If I do Ive been under rolling every time I think.

For a Cha power with an implment keyword Nicholas standard attack would be:

3 (1/2 lvl) + 4 (Cha) + 2 (magic weapon) + 1 (implment expertise - heavy blades) + 2 (proficiency) = 12

Is that right?
No it isn't. You only add proficiency to Weapon attacks. You have, in fact, been doing it the right way.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

ah ok good to know...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Post Reply