The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

For hostile targets, it's Will+10, and for battles, I'll usually go with that unless one presents me with a really good argument otherwise.

You also need them to be bloodied (the idea being that this proves that you're not just full of hot air), though if you kill Poincare, I'll count that as well, though probably not for full surrender.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:I would like to offer for consideration a house rule for the future that each time a player rolls a natural 1 in a serious situation (combat or when the GM specifically calls for a roll) they be granted a single reroll token :wink:
Heh, and what if a NPC rolls a natural 1?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Then clearly that particular NPC should be granted a single reroll token as well :lol:
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'd be willing to agree to this... if I get to institute some kind of critical miss table. :wink:
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I oppose the critical miss table >_> We're having enough problems as it is.
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Counterproposal: If you use a re-roll opportunity and still fail, you lose only 2 RT points instead of 5.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
NeoTiamat wrote:
The Whistler wrote:(All the enemy group are women, yes? Save the water weird, presumably?)
Most but not all. The only one given a precise gender is #5, who is a lady. If it's relevant I can go and describe the lot of them, why?
'Twas I, not le Whistler. Somehow I had gotten the impression they were all women, which struck me as curious. Not necessarily significant, but curious.
Well apparently, one of them is a lifelong smoker :P.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

So I've heard. :wink:
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

"Most" are women.

Personally I'm picturing hell's choir director. "Stand up STRAIGHT, girls, and remember to chant from the diaphragm!"
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Whoever bloodied Poincaire and the weird gains 3 temp hp if that ally is within 10 squares of Nicholas.

Is the plan to still focus on the weird, poincaire if we can and breath a big sight of releief that the rest are retreating?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

NeoTiamat wrote:I'm sadistic, not insane.
I'd say both for putting us through Poincare, the elemental, and really slippery ice. Nerit just broke her tailbone :shock:.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm going to keep attacking Poincare while I can keep her within range, guys. Taking her down will probably net us instant victory - hope.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

The doctor and most of the cultists have done their cheezy insubstantial move again so I think the only thing we can effectively do for this round is to finish of the elemental and hope Neo gets a string of bad luck rolling.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Just to note I decided to heal Tomas (aka the tank that was taking a battering) rather than Cyrus as he will share half any damage with the weird anyway, no offense Kage!

I'm out of majestic words but I still have one interupt that can reduce damage and I can try to drop a few random heal checks to trigger others surges.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

lostboy wrote:Just to note I decided to heal Tomas (aka the tank that was taking a battering) rather than Cyrus as he will share half any damage with the weird anyway, no offense Kage!
I actually won't :P That lasts for 1 turn and it already happened.
Post Reply