A note about this to the DMs.Cronax wrote:Once the daze takes effect (start of the monster turns is how we're doing it I think?)
We are getting a little gimped by having debuffs not take effect until the start of the enemy turn. Consider this:
Several debuffs, like dazed and blinded make the target grant combat advantage.
If the debuffs are (save ends), then the enemy gets an opportunity to save before we get the full benefits of that debuff. The same if the debuff lasts "until the start of your next turn." Meanwhile, the enemies get the full effect of any debuffs they use and they generally get to act on those effects before the players get to save against them.
While this matter usually only amounts to whether the players gain combat advantage, there are plenty of other effects that could be completely wasted on this style of debuff handling.
I brought this up to Neo once already in private. In my game, I allow debuffs to take effect immediately, but I have a smaller game and my players are generally more 4e savvy and they recognize what the debuffs do and when they take effect. This may not work in this game with so many people and several players newer to 4e. You can't wait to have them take effect until the next player turn either because a lot of these are used with the intent of hitting the enemy before the enemy gets a chance to act.
In either case, there is skew in the enemies' favor here. Combat advantage can make a big difference in a fight and I think we deserve the opportunity to get full use of our debuffs before the enemy can save against them.


