The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

lostboy wrote:Where's Cavendish when you need him? He'd have the guy performing a drum solo with his own kneebones by now... :)
Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

lostboy wrote:Where's Cavendish when you need him? He'd have the guy performing a drum solo with his own kneebones by now... :)
*hgkt!* >.< Um, let's not wish for his return too loud. There already is a 'C' in play, after all.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

If I know my structure as well as I act like I do, Cavendish can't return properly until the third game/story.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Tempting, but if I bring him back I'd have to figure out how he survived the ritual backlash, and figure out an even more imposing send off. Even for my fertile imagination, that'd be a tall order.

As far as crematoriums go...

To be honest, this was not something I'd particularly developed earlier, so we'll say that you guys can find a crematorium if you really need one, if only by asking around. If you feel the need to roll, a DC 15 Streetwise will get it to you.

However, I should note that if you decide to carry the body around through the streets again, someone will notice and someone will call the Gendarme, so you'll need to think about that. At minimum, very hefty Stealth or Bluff Checks are required.

[EDIT: That's hefty Stealth or Bluff if you just do the "two guys carrying him" thing. Other ideas would require different, and probably lower DC checks]
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Fug it, I'll close the guy's eyes and say a prayer.

And there's always the, "Make a deal with Orcus." option, NT.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Or you could make a run for the harbor, stuff bricks in his pockets and give him a sailor's burial.

...

That or hail a cab coach, hope you can Bluff the driver into believing you're taking a drunk/injured friend home.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

At the risk of a powers check Im inclined to splash him with rum, and leave him where he is. True it isnt very respectful, but sonner or later someone will find him, probabley call the gendarmes, then he gets a burial anyway.

Playing weekend at Bernies all night isnt the safest idea when the cops are out looking for us already...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Isabella wrote:Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:
Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

lostboy wrote:Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
NO! No, stop that! NO SINGING.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:
lostboy wrote:Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
NO! No, stop that! NO SINGING.
Seconded! No to the 'funny' murder tableaus! >_<
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:
Isabella wrote:Ironic you'd be the one to ask the question, considering who did the final deed... :wink:
Oh I know, I just miss the psychopathic muscial numbers... :(
You're the only one who appreciates me, Lostboy.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

DocBeard wrote:And there's always the, "Make a deal with Orcus." option, NT.
You guys told us in Book 10 that Cavvy had long outstayed his welcome and should've been killed at the end of it, now you're giving us suggestions for how he comes back? :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

If I know my structure as well as I act like I do, Cavendish can't return properly until the third game/story.
Yep, although when he does, it'll be in a non villain or even helpful role against some even greater threat.

Also, we appear to be up against a Flash Villain.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Does this guard superior remind anyone else of Mr. Teatime from Terry Pratchett's 'Hogfather'?
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I never read that one. I suck. (And I'm really behind in Discworld, by about 20 books.)

He reminds me of someone from Isa's webcomic, actually. Probably because...he is :P?


*flees*
Last edited by Nerit on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Post Reply