He had it well-adjusted.DocBeard wrote:You might wonder, 'How did Eisenwald fit that big old hammer under his costume's lab coat.' but that is, unfortunately, classified information.
The Shattered City: OOC
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
I love flurries of well-meaning activity.
Alright, let's see.... Tomas and Cyrus are going with Katja, and Celeste, Agale, Kerrian, and Lia are staying at the party. Nerit is in absentia again.
Alright, let's see.... Tomas and Cyrus are going with Katja, and Celeste, Agale, Kerrian, and Lia are staying at the party. Nerit is in absentia again.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
Yay, I'm back (mostly). Another essay and a final, but I have more free time now that classes are over.
A few notes:
P31 - I think the word Whistler was looking for was contrapposto
?
And sorry for the language I keep sneaking in. I can't help it. The foreigners all have to express themselves!
I'm really fascinated by vae, actually. It supports the academic pronunciation, being a close guess of the classical Latin. V=W, essentially. I so do not approve of Ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation.
Julius Caesar sounded like Iulius Kaiser! "Wehnee, Weedee, Wiki!"
A few notes:
P31 - I think the word Whistler was looking for was contrapposto
And sorry for the language I keep sneaking in. I can't help it. The foreigners all have to express themselves!
I'm really fascinated by vae, actually. It supports the academic pronunciation, being a close guess of the classical Latin. V=W, essentially. I so do not approve of Ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation.
Julius Caesar sounded like Iulius Kaiser! "Wehnee, Weedee, Wiki!"
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
This sheds new light on the Life of Brian, it really does.
Though I've been hearing the C=K for ages. Cicero would've been Kikero, I think.
Though I've been hearing the C=K for ages. Cicero would've been Kikero, I think.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
Oh, well, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything; I thought it was a subtle way of showing either Agale's lack of experience with speaking Mordentish or just imply more about the character by showing how he uses formality as a shield in tense situations.err.. I hadn't even consciously noticed I was doing that.
And speaking of tense situations, who's running bets that the doxie's growing hysteria is a sign of something more sinister?
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Yep! It's amazing how much Wikipedia can help when you're attempting to fake your character's background in art history.Nerit wrote:P31 - I think the word Whistler was looking for was contrapposto?
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Favorite clip from that movie, hands down. It gains added hilarity when you've had to study Latin. 
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
