The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

And I've just gotten a 28 on nature :D
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I suppose I'm rolling the Perception, then.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

My thought process on the interrogation is this:

Either Veddy is guilty or otherwise knows about the crime already. In this case we are looking for confirmation of this fact before proceeding with learning what he knows.

Or, he is not complicit. In this case any information revealed to him will be detrimental to our purpose.

Doc, am I correct in assuming your intention is to lure him out with a purposely vague assertion and bluff him into filling in the blanks? I'd be very careful not to give him any details, and even have a fall back position, a trivial or irrelevant matter you can claim you were referring to if he doesn't take the bait.

FYI: Once again, I won't be able to post until the week is up.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

NeoTiamat wrote:Can't think off the top of my head, so you would probably have to check the Catalogue. Or just wait for Nathan to drop by again. :wink:
Thanks for the shout-out, but the Catalogue doesn't contain much of the Books of S___ yet. We're working on it... slowly. (PLUG: always looking for volunteers!!)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm not going to say this ICly -- yet -- but getting Vedarrak to the point that he starts to 'investigate' was a mistake. o_o;
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

After the robbery was revealed to him, he is going to be investigating it either way. Better that its out in the open and we get some info as a result. In fact, that he is doing it.

Unrelated: 'C' is for Cookie, and that's good enough for me.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Well I've been told that this was a bad move and going to bite me in the ass, but that seems to be the running thread this chapter, so that works.

Also, Cronax, did you have a plan or a place you were going with your line of questioning? I'm sorry if I disrupted that, we should have communicated better before starting things off here. Your guess was right, really-I figure the easiest way to get something out of Vedarrak is to let him know that he doesn't know something, and watch how he reacts. He's too composed to let much slip when on the defensive, but look how much he revealed when I let him take the offensive, you know? Now we have a couple more names to follow up on and know that Andre isn't telling us everything.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Its cool, I had a few vague ideas about how to subtly get some info out of him, but your way advances the plot just as well.

Also, this is still chapter 1. I had no expectations about our characters working together seamlessly. They didn't formulate a plan IC, so it wouldn't really make sense to do so OOC. My view is that even if there are failures and mistakes, its all ok as long as it makes for an entertaining game.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

That is a fair point! Hopefully our characters will learn to trust each other a little better as the game moves on.

By the way, I'll be away from tomorrow till Friday. Helping my Grandfather move a shed.
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Nerit wrote:Too late to post tonight, but I had to say: I'm greatly amused that I brought ossuaries up to Isa the other week by coincidence, and she said it was relevant. I didn't realize how soon it would pop up. Small spacetime continuum? Maybe?
Hooray! Sedlec! I used it to spruce up the Homloch church in Daglan for the Feast of Goblyns module, but I like it here in Dementlieu too. What a fantastically creepy place.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Just got caught up after a couple weeks without time to read... awesome stuff all around. "C" huh? dare I hope for a musical reprise? Nah, getting skewered and sent off into a demon dimension tends to be permanent... Except that one time on Buffy, of course.

On another note...
Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff? It must be exhausting to write for Celeste. It's exhausting just to read it, but in an absolutely delightful way. (That's a compliment, in case it doesn't read like one.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff?
Ecstasy + Meth = Love That Don't Get Tired. :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Cyrus, being a fine, upstanding, and wholly law-abiding Hazlani expatriate, would be more than happy to report matters to the gendarme.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff? It must be exhausting to write for Celeste. It's exhausting just to read it, but in an absolutely delightful way. (That's a compliment, in case it doesn't read like one.)
Thanks a lot! Honestly, I sometimes don't know how I come up with it. :) Like I said, on one level I'm consciously going for an Austen parody, but on another, I'm like, "channelling a 19th century female socialite should not come this naturally!" Ah well, not going to question it if it works. It's totally not exhausting, though! She's so damn cheery all the time that writing for the character works really well as a pick-me-up.
Nathan of the FoS wrote:Ecstasy + Meth = Love That Don't Get Tired.
I can state with some certainty that neither I nor Celeste operates under the influence of either. Though I'd probably also guess that seeing Celeste on ecstasy would be absolutely terrifying. :-P
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Yeah, Kerrian's the one on drugs.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Post Reply