The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

So I get back from work tonight and apparently I just missed my character getting objectified for eight hours? You guys... :-P

And for the record, Celeste will make her own danged decisions. :)
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

NeoTiamat wrote:Favorite song: The Confrontation

Favorite character: Inspector Javert

Favorite scene: The attack on the barricades
Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.

Also, Javert is totally awesome.
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The Whistler wrote:Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.
Thought it had closed on B'way. It's back? If so, I may need to go see it again. (I think I'm up to 3 or 4 times).
Also, Javert is totally awesome.
Agreed, though I'm an Eponine man, myself... (fave songs: "On my own" and "One day More")
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

The Whistler wrote:
NeoTiamat wrote:Favorite song: The Confrontation

Favorite character: Inspector Javert

Favorite scene: The attack on the barricades
Aw man, I only have the abridged soundtrack! I still need to scrounge up the cash to see the thing live; I live in New York City, for goshsakes.

Also, Javert is totally awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYCPHHPXTmk- I love this song so very much. Though "Master of the House" and it's reprise "Beggars at the Feast" is hilarious.

You can find most of the songs on YouTube, matter of fact. It's nice that way.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Master of the House, now that you mention it, is my favorite song from that musical.
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Thought it had closed on B'way. It's back?
Nope, it was back, and now it's gone again according to wikipedia. Sorry Whistler!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

*meekly raises his hand*

I have a confession to make...

I've...never seen Les Mis, or really listened to the soundtrack at all..

*goes to hide in the corner*
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Any ideas on how to go about this? I'm thinking of trying small talk that dances around the particulars of the crime to see if that gets any reactions out of him.

Rock, you seemed to imply you had another idea?
I don't think the maid will rat us out if we want to change tactics now.
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Hmmm...I could always try to chat up the maid. Lower class solidarity and all that wot. She'd probably have noticed any odd comings and goings, in that way that the Help can when cultural conditioning tells you that "Nope, that person isn't there"
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

I am going to have to wait to post until tomorrow, unfortunately, as I haven't slept in 48 hours. It's a miracle I can still see the screen!
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Knew I should have protested the "Let's make not killing random peasants a pain." house rule the first time I saw it. Let's hope these guys are more kind and understanding than most angry mobs.

...really, die roller? A 2? I roll a freaking 2?
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

DocBeard wrote:...really, die roller? A 2? I roll a freaking 2?
I sympathize here bigtime -_- Six rolls today and five of them were below 10.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

yalenusveler wrote:*meekly raises his hand*

I have a confession to make...

I've...never seen Les Mis, or really listened to the soundtrack at all..

*goes to hide in the corner*
*meekly raises hand as well*

ummm I havent seen it or heard the soundtrack either, despite living and working wihtin 10 minutes of the theatre in London for several years (cant count the number of times I walked past it...).

*Takes Yalenus place in corner*
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Whistler, my man, have I mentioned that you are eerily good at playing a naive, well meaning, self-absorbed little girl?
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Heh--I'll take that as a compliment. Seriously, Celeste is a conscious attempt for me to write against type, which in practice translates to me channelling every Austen novel and Gilbert and Sullivan operetta I've ever been exposed to. :)
Post Reply