The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Obviously, Darius is the girl. Because he's such a pansy.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Neo wrote:"And it takes the University not quite three months to lose them!" Captain Reynaud said with a spiteful glare at Andre. "The most sacred symbols of our country, even the Sword of Leon, have been stolen!"
My brain INSTANTLY adds a dramatic chord to the end of that sentence. I clearly read far too many mystery novels.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Sorry for my general posting silence the past couple days. I do have something I want to do in this scene. I'll try to post later this afternoon or early evening. If at all possible, please give me some warning before you post so I can try to get mine up.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Who give you warning? Neo or Whistler?

Anyway, I hate this dice roller. I can't believe I failed that Insight when I know Lia's laughing at the aristocratic idiots :P.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Nerit wrote:Anyway, I hate this dice roller. I can't believe I failed that Insight when I know Lia's laughing at the aristocratic idiots :P.
If you can figure it out yourself, it's all good. The Insight roll is just for hints.

That's how I play it, anyway.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Yeah, I figure that the insight roll was for something more substantial than that.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, I will probably type up a post after I have supper. If you're around then, I shall try to give you warning.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Nerit wrote:Anyway, I hate this dice roller.
That just means you're accumulating karma. When the time comes for more important rolls, you'll hopefully start rolling 20s. :D
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Same goes for me with the posting things! Work usually prevents me from getting content out before 7:00 EST-ish, but I'll type something up on the subway as I head home so as to get something out there before Neo wants to go.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Assuming you weren't planning to already, I would highly suggest those trained in Arcana detect some magic.
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

My Arcana is not so hot, but I got a 29 on Perception and I'll be posting to that effect sometime tonight or tomorrow.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

+10 Arcana here. Hmmmm...
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

So if anyone is interested, in no particular order here are my crackpot theories as to what is going on.

1. A powerful houngan has stolen the relics as they could be considered 'personal possessions' of the domain itself, his goal is to cast the most massive voodoo curse in history against the country as a whole.

2. The relics were not stolen, they were simply made invisible and are sitting in their display cases right now.

3. Klingons did it. (because gal-zuur sounds klingon to me)

Anyone have more?
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

For the record, Gal-zuur is what I get when I input 'Bile Acid' into an online English-to-Dutch translator.

Cronax, you are taking much of the romance out of things. :wink:
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

As an entirely unrelated side note which is not actually anyone's fault, the Vaasi = Dutch thing has always annoyed me for extremely petty reasons. Come on: the domains in which it's spoken (going by the Ultimate Ravenloft Wiki) are sort-of-Roman, vaguely-Russian, Greco-Turkish, Persian, nonspecifically Central European, and (non-canonically) Mesoamerican. At least use a language that *doesn't* come from way the heck off in Northwestern Europe. Seriously. :P

/rant.
Post Reply