-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hee..." Cerise made a face somewhere between a grin and a grimace, if such a thing were at all possible. "Demons aren't natural, though, not in the slightest. Whatever they are, they're evil to the core. If they're like fire, it's a fire that only burns things you cherish, and don't go thinking you can turn it to your side, even if it seems willing. It'll always whip around and burn you."yalenusveler wrote:"The tree spirits will be twisted and nasty. Maybe not outright evil...nature's like that, it's not good or bad. Fire burns, it's just...what it burns at the time which makes it good or bad in people's eyes..and..I'm probably not making much sense."
She perked up. "I have like fifty books on the subject if you want to borrow them. Just don't read any of them aloud after midnight, alright?" she offered with a good-natured wink.
The Whistler wrote:And then, in a flurry of motion, she was downstairs again, banking herself toward the front door.
“Coo-ee! Maintain yourselves a moment longer, Messieurs! I should be most distressed if you were to remain unremunerated!”
Professor Lessard had not managed to get himself shot in the five minutes since he had returned to the Chateaux, though he was at the moment in very great danger of being run over.DocBeard wrote:Clapping Blackwood on the shoulder, Tomas motions to Kerrian. "If you still want to come, I'd hurry. If Lessard stands in one place too long some old friend is liable to walk by and shoot him out of habit."
It said something of Professor Lessard that he managed to step to the side before Celeste mowed him down in her well-meaning haste, and something a bit more that he managed to do so while still maintaining his dignity. Perhaps he had spent too much time with his former professor's cat underfoot. Even so, he surreptitiously straightened his glasses, and his hair happened to look a little more windswept than the walk outside could have accounted for. He politely cleared his throat to try and catch Mlle. Viardot's attention.
"I hope I'm not interrupting, mademoiselle. I simply wanted to tell you that my friends and I shall be at the museum at 7:30 tonight, and that Professor Quenu will be joining us half an hour later," he said. He obliged to raise his voice slightly, in case Mlle. Viardot didn't stop to hear him out.
"Oh! Are you headed out, sir? Which museum are you visiting?" Alice had come inside from her gardening, smoothing out her hair slightly as she pulled the grey sun bonnet from her head.
"The Guigol Museum," Lessard answered, then favored her with a short bow. "Would you care to join me? I seem to have missed a few people in my invitation, but everyone is more than welcome to come."
"A Chateau-wide outing? What a splendid idea," Alice said, giving the professor a pleased smile. "My brother and I didn't get a chance to see anything in the city yesterday. We've only ever been here on short visits before now."
"You tell a sad story, mademoiselle." Thierri slid down the stair banister, peering over the railing with his arms crossed. "Such deprivation is not to be tolerated. I see that we have seven hours before our appointment at the museum. Allow yourselves to make up for lost time."
"A fine idea, if I knew where to start," Alice said. She didn't seem quite sure what to make of the spectacle that was Thierri Boucher, so for the moment she seemed to have settled on amusement.
"And there you are in luck." The magician somersaulted over the banister, landing on his feet with a flourish. "For your new roommates are well acquainted with the pleasures of Dementlieu, are we not, Mlle. Viardot? Surely we cannot satisfy our new neighbors with touring a single musuem, professor?"
"I didn't-" Professor Lessard began, but Thierri immediately continued.
"There you have it. Let all of us here start our outing early, and give the newcomers to our city a taste of the Port of Lights," Thierri concluded, with a smile.
"Yes," Alice smiled, joining into the spirit of it. She took Thierri's arm with one hand, and Lessard's with the other. The professor raised his eyebrows, but obliged. "Let's."
Thierri is inviting anyone who is interested on a quick tour of Port-a-Lucine. If anyone wants to take him up on it, or run some errands or talk to some NPCs before the Museum Scene, just contact me or Isabella for some side-RP.

Guignol Museum, University of Dementlieu, Port-a-Lucine; March 9th, 770, 7:21 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was still light when you gathered on the steps of the Guignol Museum, a fairly imposing, four-story edifice near the heart of the University of Dementlieu. It was one of the newer buildings on the campus, part of the same architectural revival that had struck Dementlieu in the 740s and left behind the Guignol Museum, the De Casteele Building for Arcane Sciences, the new Library of the Dementlieuse University, and others.
"Good evening, everyone. This is reminding me of the Expedition," Professor Lessard said as he viewed the extent of the group he had saddled himself with. He stood on the front steps of the Museum, not that the painfully tall blond man needed any extra height. Still, the philologist carried on bravely. "We've about an hour and a half before the museum closes. This is the last day for the Founding of Dementlieu exhibition, by the way, so if anyone wants to see the Sword of Leon or the founding charter of Dementlieu, now is the last chance. Tomorrow everything goes back to its owners."
"I've also arranged private reservations for six at the Cafe David at 9:45, Lia, Tomas," Lessard said, casting a look over to the pair. "If you would like to come."
"Andre and Sebastian will... be joining us?" Devereux said, looking at Lessard.
"Prof. Theroux will be meeting us in the Exhibition room, he's been helping with that." Lessard said. "As for Professor M, he should--"
"--be coming right up behind you." The museum's large doors opened and a tall, aristocratic-featured man stepped out behind Lessard. "I made a virtue of pleasure and dropped off a financing report while I was here. Took all of my wit and courage to get out alive again." The newcomer examined the small mob before him with some amusment. "You've become quite the organizer, Remy. De Casteele should've made you the organizer, and not Maleagant."
Remy Lessard smiled briefly. It wasn't a very broad or enthusiastic smile, but there was genuine warmth there. "Live and learn, Professor. It beats the alternatives."
"There I cannot argue with you. Good evening Tomas, good evening Lia." Professor Sebastian Marchand-Renier had aged very little over the last decade. He was still tall, with the refined facial structure and piercing gaze that was part and parcel of being a Renier. His brown hair showed only a scattering of silver, though the lines on his face were deeper than had been the case so many years ago. "I would say you haven't changed a bit, but that tends to be a dreadful insult when you're younger than twenty-five and a fulsome compliment when you're older than forty. I admit to being not sure how those in the middle take it."
"In any case, it's good to see you again." Sebastian Marchand-Renier smiled, only a little sardonically. "Shall we go inside and see if we can't find the last member of our little company of survivors?"


