Castle Pantara map?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Shadowdragon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Castle Pantara map?

Post by Shadowdragon »

Was there ever a map made for Castle Pantara, maybe in an adventure set in Valachan or something?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Catalogue says it's in Darklords, p59. And so it is... but it's not really too detailed. Good for a general layout though.

The only adventures set in Valachan that I recall are the 3 in Dungeon magazine* and the Lady Adeline one in CotN. No time now to look up if there's a better map in one of those, but I doubt it.

*Dungeon # 52 (1994) - Laughing Man
Dungeon # 50 (1994) - Felkovic's Cat
Dungeon # 42 (1993) - The Price of Revenge
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: it's in Darklords, p59. And so it is... but it's not really too detailed. Good for a general layout though.
The only adventures set in Valachan that I recall are the 3 in Dungeon magazine.
Dungeon # 50 (1994) - Felkovic's Cat

Dungeon #50 has floor plans for all the levels & sub-levels of Castle Pantera. Still hate the name & the too-obvious design, I always expect to see the Thundercats lairing there. :arijani:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
impworks
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by impworks »

Castle Pantera: There was me thinking it was originally built as the home for a big haired '80s metal act. When they went broke it was bought and redecorated as it was pulled into Ravenloft. However somewhere inside can be found: a fully equipped recording studio, a lost stash of drugs/booze/wine gums and the very confused bass guitarist who was sleeping off a hangover in the basement when it was repossessed and sucked into the dark realms...
Lucien Doomdark
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lucien Doomdark »

impworks wrote:Castle Pantera: There was me thinking it was originally built as the home for a big haired '80s metal act. When they went broke it was bought and redecorated as it was pulled into Ravenloft. However somewhere inside can be found: a fully equipped recording studio, a lost stash of drugs/booze/wine gums and the very confused bass guitarist who was sleeping off a hangover in the basement when it was repossessed and sucked into the dark realms...
Good, it wasn't just me...
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

What about Misericordia, Ivana's mansion? I'm always on the look for that one...
EO
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by EO »

Alanik Ray wrote:What about Misericordia, Ivana's mansion? I'm always on the look for that one...
You can find it in one of the Reference Cards of the Realm of Terror boxed set. It's not a very detailed map, but it gives you a good idea of the place and its features.
Georg Kristianokov
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Re: Castle Pantara map?

Post by Georg Kristianokov »

Shadowdragon wrote:Was there ever a map made for Castle Pantara, maybe in an adventure set in Valachan or something?
Wasn't that also the name of the Thundercats' Castle? From what I've read of the place, it looks similar.
Death to the salad eaters!--Verbrekian War cry

I can post almost everything I've written, just PM me!
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Castle Pantara map?

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Georg Kristianokov wrote:
Shadowdragon wrote:Was there ever a map made for Castle Pantara, maybe in an adventure set in Valachan or something?
Wasn't that also the name of the Thundercats' Castle? From what I've read of the place, it looks similar.
You're thinking of Cat's Lair. Or, maybe, the Tower of Omens.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"