Anyone need Heart of Midnight?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Anyone need Heart of Midnight?

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I find myself in Salt Lake City this week, and I hit the local used bookshop, hoping for something of interest. What I found was two copies of Heart of Midnight for $2 each. I've already got it, and don't want to bother speculating them on ebay, but if I can get them to a good home, I will.

I may go back to the bookstore tomorrow, (no promises, I might not have time), and if I see any interest here, I'll pick them up and drop them in the mail when I get back home. You'd pay $2+actual shipping via method of your choosing via paypal.

(Or if you live in Salt Lake City, go get it yourself. :) It's the Used Books & Magazines store on the east side of Main St, between 400S and 300S.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Well Ron, I have that one. Now I am really looking for Gaz IV as I have with much luck procured I,II,III and V(Thanks to The Giamarga for that one!) If you see it let me know!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

sorry, can't help you there. If I see one, I'll let you know. good luck!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

<< It's the Used Books & Magazines store on the east side of Main St, between 400S and 300S >>

I LOVE that store. I used to go there two-three times a month when I lived in SLC.

It sort of looks like a big ole garbage dump--or at least it did--but I always walked out with something very cool.

(I hope to get time to visit there when I'm back in SLC next month.)
Last edited by Steve Miller on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yup, that's the one! very cool store.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Nice find! I don't own Heart of Midnight, but I'm hard up enough for funding at the moment that I don't want to spend even a piddly $2 plus shipping. It'd be a shame if somebody doesn't take up that offer, though. I thought it was one of the better RL novels.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cheap Ravenloft book?

I'll take you up on it.

I live in Boston, so just tell me how much and where and I'll transfer the money.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Are those novels really any hard to find? I though you could pick up most of them (excepting perhaps King of the Dead and such) cheap on half.com or amazon (used & new) for less than a dollar... (Amazon has it for $ 0.75 plus $4 postage)
Last edited by The Giamarga on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

tarlyn wrote:Well Ron, I have that one. Now I am really looking for Gaz IV as I have with much luck procured I,II,III and V(Thanks to The Giamarga for that one!) If you see it let me know!
Gaz4 on amazon.com ($20 +$4 used & new).
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

The Giamarga wrote:Are those novels really any hard to find? I though you could pick up most of them (excepting perhaps King of the Dead and such) cheap on half.com or amazon (used & new) for less than a dollar... (Amazon has it for $ 0.75 plus $4 postage)
I sold a spare copy of King of the Dead a year ago on Ebay and got nearly $40 for it; I sold another one last week in near mint condition I had picked up at a used bookstore and only got $8 this time. :?

I also had a copy of Tales of Ravenloft that didn't sell, and a copy in fair shape of Vecna Lives that I actually lost money on resale. Perhaps it's not a good time on Ebay right now?

Ron, what's up in SLC? Business or pleasure? I've only ever driven through the city on my way to Park City skiiing.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yeah, some of the novels are cheap, some not so cheap. (King of the dead is the most notably pricey.) I've been out of the hunt for while, so I'm not sure which category HoM is in, that's why I posted. That $4 shipping at Amazon seems to include some handling. I doubt one small book via media mail costs that much to ship.

Anyway, I've got one order from NeoT. No guarantees, I don't know if I'll be stopping by the store again or not, but if I do, I'll grab it.

I'm in SLC for my wife's business/my pleasure. (GonzoWife is attending a conference, so I'm mostly watching GonzoBaby, but we had some time for sightseeing too.)
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

If anyone is looking for new, old or rare books, I just discovered http://www.abebooks.com. I searched for Ravenloft books for a kick and I found that most were 1 USD plus shipping so if anyone is interested you might want to try that. Especially those of us in Canada ;)
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer