Informal poll on Gleemax - vote for Ravenloft today!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Informal poll on Gleemax - vote for Ravenloft today!

Post by HuManBing »

One of the Wizards forum moderators alerted me to an informal poll there. It is not scientific, but it is one of the first polls for your favorite discontinued campaign settings on the new Gleemax forums.

This could be another means of getting out there in numbers and letting Wizards know there's still demand for Ravenloft among gamers!

(So far, Birthright appears to be drawing the most support, with Greyhawk and Dark Sun behind and Ravenloft with very little interest.)

There doesn't appear to be any formal "poll" feature - just post a message saying which setting you like and why. (If you're registered with Wizards already, use the same username/password for Gleemax.)

It's at: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=875750
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Problem for me personally is, if RL is relaunched without the FoS, I am pretty sure I won't like it. :soth:
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

I think for the moment, it would be best if ravenloft is not that popular, otherwise its relrelease may refelct things like halfling vistani and elf pirate strahd..... or other bad changes.

But that does not mean never, we just have to hope if it does get rereleased someone who can treat it right runs the project.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I'm putting down my support. The thread is just to show what level of interest there is in the campaign setting. It doesn't mean that Evil Outcomes A through G are going to happen.
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

I put down my support, as well as my support for my second favorite setting. (which is even harder to find players for, why doesn't anyone like spelljammer?)
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Scipio wrote:I put down my support, as well as my support for my second favorite setting. (which is even harder to find players for, why doesn't anyone like spelljammer?)
I like Spelljammer. :(
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

And now my vote is cast also for Ravenloft. Thanks for alerting us, HuManBing. :)
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Spiteful Crow wrote:
Scipio wrote:I put down my support, as well as my support for my second favorite setting. (which is even harder to find players for, why doesn't anyone like spelljammer?)
I like Spelljammer. :(
I think we're at 2 Spelljammer fans I know. (Counting myself in that even.)
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I liked Spelljammer well enough, never had a chance to play there, but I read all the novels and I have a few of the setting accessories I picked up for cheap a long time back. It was really only the hippo-folk I didn't much care for...
I only wish I had retired sooner!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I liked Spelljammer too. It was a somewhat kooky but enjoyable romp. Sort of "Fun in Space" if you like.

Plus who doesn't like Giant Space Hamsters?
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

HuManBing wrote:I liked Spelljammer too. It was a somewhat kooky but enjoyable romp. Sort of "Fun in Space" if you like.

Plus who doesn't like Giant Space Hamsters?
Giant Space Hamsters = best monsters EVAR

(chalk me up as another SJ fan!)
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Come on, people! We need to at least outrun Birthright. A question of honor and all that. :)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Voted!

Please do so (we never know), and use the link in the first post of this thread!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)