Dark Tales & Disturbing Legends

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:Let me check...

All but Griswold and The Gentleman, and we are introduced to the frightening Mr. Fox.
Makes sense to eliminate those two, based as they were on other people's intellectual property. Too bad, I love Fanton the Face-Stealer!
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Strahd of WoD&D
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Strahd of WoD&D »

Steve Miller wrote:I just really like the name Ashingston... and it took me longer than it probably should have to settle on it. I would have cried if it had been changed. :)
Steve,

I just want to say how pleased I was when I picked up this tome today, and saw your name amongst the authors.

Your work on the 2e RL line, is some of the best and it continues with this book. I think that Dark Tales is one of the best RL products to come out of Sword & Sorcery, and I just hope that it boosts the line and we continue to see more products, like this, released.

Kind Regards
Strahd Von Zarovich

http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Being quite envious of the number of folks here that have either downloaded the DT&DL ebook or have managed to pick up a print copy at their FLGS, I have been checking on my Amazon pre-order all week. It is still showing as 'not yet released'. Anyone know how long it takes the discount distributors to receive new releases? I pre-ordered it way back at Christmastime.
I see that Paizo has them in stock, as well as obviously White Wolf. What surprised me most looking around the net was that WalMart has them on pre-order as well here, and cheaper than Amazon! Good thing I'm getting free shiping with Amazon! This must just be for on-line orders, I've never been in a Wal-Mart that carried gaming supplies. I do wonder why WalMart states that they will not have them until May 28?
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Catman Jim wrote:Being quite envious of the number of folks here that have either downloaded the DT&DL ebook or have managed to pick up a print copy at their FLGS, I have been checking on my Amazon pre-order all week. It is still showing as 'not yet released'. Anyone know how long it takes the discount distributors to receive new releases? I pre-ordered it way back at Christmastime.
I was in your situation for a DVD set I ordered that had not been released yet. The status of the item changed about one week after it was released from "not yet released" to "will ship in 24 hours". So give it a week or two.
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

I´m facing the same problem with Amazon, and I´m checking my preorder (placed in December 29) everyday.

I just hope they send my book this month.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi!

Just got mine Friday!!!

It looks very good so far!

I started reading Ashington first... For no particular reason...
(Although it is Forlornesque, but I haven't made it till the end yet.)

I still miss the Kargatane (I really liked those guys), but it looks like the RL line is in very good hands!

Not sure how player-friendly this is...

Patrick

PS: By the way, I live in Montreal and my copy came in on Wednesday.

I see from the forums that some people are having problems getting their copies. If anybody wants more info for a good Montreal store with really nice people, please let me know.

Or if the Frat doesn't mind my posting the link here, just tell me!

I got it for 24.17$ (taxes in).
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Jonathan Winters wrote:Hi!

I got it for 24.17$ (taxes in).
OMG!!!! WHERE WHERE???? At Le Valet de Coeur it's about 27$ So tell me tell me :D
Please ;)
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

For Charney and everybody else in Montreal.

Here is where I buy the stuff.

www.astrolib.com

You'll find the address and everything.

To explain their system quickly, you can order just about everything from them, BUT if you order it, you gotta buy it!!!! (That's for expensive stuff, not comic book, different systems, different discounts...)

The first couple of times I ordered RL books from them, they came in a couple of weeks late, and since then, they come in the same week the books come out! (I have been doing this since Heroes of Light I think...)

Obviously, you are taking a chance sometimes... I don't know how it works to order a book like this one once it's out...

If you need more info, just let me know!

BTW, I have been dealing with them for roughly 12 years...

They are very nice people!!!!! Excellent service!!!!

If they ever ask who refered you to them, tell them Patrick C-145.

I hope it helps!!!!

Patrick
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Argh! So in November, I preordered LotB and DT&DL from amazon, right? They've been holding my LotB to ship together with DT&DL. So I've been patiently waiting for May. Since I know DT&DL is out, I figured it would be any day now that they'd ship both. Now I just got an email saying your order has shipped! I look on the site and they've shipped it! Yay! By it, of course, I mean ONLY LotB! ?????? What the heck? If they were going to ship them separately anyway, why did they make me wait for LotB? :evil:

If I didn't love them so much already, this would make me quite angry at them.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Odd they did that to you. I ordered both those books together from Amazon on December 9, and received LotB by Christmas. I wonder why they shipped seperately for me, but not for you? I did get the free shipping for ordering over $25. They did the same thing to me this month, I had ordered several books for my wife for Mother's Day & they shipped seperately (and only one got to me in time!).
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Rajak
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Rajak »

just got the book, plan to use alot of the material in my campaign :D
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- Matthew 6:34

Dont go looking for trouble; its already looking for you...
- Mordentish Proverb
Klaus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Klaus »

Woot! My art made it to the cover!

Can't wait to get my copies (and LotB as well)!
Claudio Pozas
http://welcome.to/pozas
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

Klaus wrote:Woot! My art made it to the cover!

Can't wait to get my copies (and LotB as well)!
Great job too! I love the pictures of Maekon doing her Tarokka readings.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Klaus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Klaus »

Thanks!

And I would like to publicly thank Jennifer Connelly's parents for Jennifer Connelly. Maekon wouldn't look the same without her!

:D
Claudio Pozas
http://welcome.to/pozas
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I think all of us are indebted to the Connellys for that.